Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are right but if levy is realistic with his valuation there will always be clubs interested to buy at the right price. Outside a handful of clubs in europe most haven't got the money to make big purchases.
Winks would be the (second?) highest earner at Sampdoria.
It’s not all about the fee. Wages are an issue on every one of our European loans. They’ll all require players to take large pay cuts or subsidies IF the player is agreeable to a move.

Cost of living is lower in a lot of continental Europe. Aside from Paris or Munich, I can't think of a city that has prices anywhere near London.

It's just British kids being uncomfortable with sunny weather and a philosophy of work to live, not live to work, that makes those loans difficult.

:p

Cost of living is lower in a lot of continental Europe. Aside from Paris or Munich, I can't think of a city that has prices anywhere near London.

It's just British kids being uncomfortable with sunny weather and a philosophy of work to live, not live to work, that makes those loans difficult.

Or maybe it’s a case of Thursday night in London is a lot more fun than Thursday night in Rennes or Genoa and all the signs are in English.

I don't think the cost of living is much of a concern for Premier League level footballers.

That account surely has never watched Winks off the ball... Winks is actually a decent footballer with the ball no one will deny that. But off the ball he has so many obvious problems

Agreed. He was generally fine under Poch as a third midfielder until we changed to the diamond and put him at the base. He will never be able to do that job.

He keeps the ball moving neatly and that’s all he can do, asking him to do any more than that is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom