Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Modern football eh ?

On the one hand we have a local lad, signed up as a kid, gives 110 for the team he has always loved. Gives his all every game.

On the other, we need to spunk up £50m for the latest hotshot from Spain/Italy etc etc in order to keep pace.

As someone who was brought up in the Pratt, Skip (not that one) era, my thoughts go with Winks and wish him every success.
He's a likable chap, and I definitely like seeing young talent, especially when they are yids through and through, make it for us. However, Winks isn't good enough and it's apparent for everyone who saw him play for us since he first broke through.

He's a likable chap, and I definitely like seeing young talent, especially when they are yids through and through, make it for us. However, Winks isn't good enough and it's apparent for everyone who saw him play for us since he first broke through.

? When he first broke through he was class but injuries fucked him up.

He was a decent 8 then Mourinho and Conte wanted him to play 6 as a screening Midfielder it was never his game. The fact is this is a player that dominated an opposition midfield with Kroos, Modric and Casemiro in it. Fact is sadly lost his way and the fans started to blame him for every loss when he was involved. Winks is an expert of one thing in midfield and that is recycling the ball.

Poch tried to play him as a 6 as well in that diamond midfield experiment as well.

Tbh I'm Convinced Poch was either smoking crack or just playing board politics with some of the decisions he was making in his final year

I thought he was good at first. I was genuinely impressed by his energy as an impact sub and he had guts. But that injury did do him in and he lost his bottle. He started hiding, playing it safe and not bothering in some games. It’s the latter performances that really fucked me off. Everyone was going on about respecting him and him being one of our own, but he didn’t always show it. Some of those cup games against obscure teams; he just walked around like it was beneath him and that’s why I’ve wanted him out for a few years.

Leicester is a good move. He can help them battle their way up to the PL and maybe get some more of his mojo back (he seems to be well on the way given his performance this past year). Despite joking around on this forum, I don’t wish him ill will at all. I hope he picks up and has a good career … unless he’s ever playing us and then I hope we crush his spirit and leave him sobbing in a pool of Leicestershite piss.

People have disagreed with this? Oh just checked whom

For the record my disagree was the lack of respect shown towards Davies. He's been an excellent servant to the club and deserves more respect.

The rest of that list...yeah, don't disagree.

Stand by that.

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

For the record my disagree was the lack of respect shown towards Davies. He's been an excellent servant to the club and deserves more respect (which he gets from the real fans).

The rest of that list...yeah, don't disagree.

Stand by that and there's certainly nothing you, or the likes of Carl can say that will convince me otherwise.

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN
Haha agree, Skipp and Davies wouldn’t be on my sell list unless someone offered good money and they want to go

I am more excited about this going through than Maddison coming in.
Actually an incredible price and gives me hope we might recoup about 50M thru sales

10M Winks
15M GLC
2M Dier
2M Sanchez
5M Sess
15 PEH

Get rid of Perisic, Lloris etc and the wage bill will be much lower and might see Levy throw down more on prospects

Poch tried to play him as a 6 as well in that diamond midfield experiment as well.

Tbh I'm Convinced Poch was either smoking crack or just playing board politics with some of the decisions he was making in his final year
It was sentiment …. He was getting found out further up the pitch so poch moved him back where he had more time on the ball
Unfortunately he didn’t possess the other requisite attributes to succeed as a 6

Winks went a long way on being fluent in Spanish and a keen golfer.

A nothing player.

He is a player suited for a bottom half team , maybe crystal palace, everton, some newly promoted team. But dropping a league below is probably a good option too. He will be among the better players in the lower league in probably the best team in that league.

Goodluck anyway, stayed here far longer than he should have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom