Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp could take the minutes Winks gets and if he performs better than winks, then get even more minutes.
Thing is that Winks is getting zero minutes at the moment.
Skipp is only 20 and to be playing week in, week out is great for him. He'll get better and better the more he plays.
If we get knocked out of all the cups early then he'll be getting no minutes with us.

Was solid today, unfortunately he just isn't a defensive midfielder naturally
So....what is he then. He doesn’t score many goals, doesn’t often go round people and he seems averse to a forward pass.

His upper ceiling could be Modric. His floor is Xhaka. He’s drifting towards the latter of late. Hopefully he reacts well to this, gets angry, trains harder and gets better.

I hear this, and don’t mind admitting I’m not sure what that means. Any famous examples?

I can’t think of any who don’t have major facets to their game on top of that, like Pirlo
Xavi was a tempo setter, Pirlo really wasn't, he was a deep playmaker

Im not English and don't care for them but if you watch Winks play for England infront of a back 3 he is a brilliant player, because he doesn't need to think about defending as much

Back
Top Bottom