Have the Manager & Squad over or under performed this season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About bang on target. 4th last year.
Newcastle were probably going to be in the mix this year so 4-7 th is about par i reckon. Any higher over performing. Any lower underperforming.

The style of football is fucking gash tho but thats a different argument.

Hard to say. We have had a lot of injuries but worse the decline in Lloris, Son and the drop back to prior levels of Dier have hurt us bad. The defence was always going to be a shit issue for us. It was worse than feared. Honestly if we had bought 1 top CB and 1 top RWB we wouldn’t have played that much better but we probably would have 10-15 points more on the board, we have dropped so many points via individual incompetence.

I think the general quality of the squad is at a point where we would be floating around 5th or 6th with or without a manager.

We're just treading water doing just enough without running through walls. There is zero sense of a collective effort.

I expected us to compete for top four again this season and that's the case.

I expected us to perform better though on the pitch. Second half of last season was some great stuff. Everton, Newcastle, Woolwich, Norwich, City, Villa, Liverpool.. Yet this season, you can probably put in just one hand the really good performances we've put out.

it's hard to accept but this year was our best start in the Premier league era. Then, unfortunately, our manager suffered horrendous personal tragedy and the world cup happened.

Back
Top Bottom