Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Useful to have Sonny's pace in the team and offers something different to Dele, Eriksen and Lamela in terms of his direct approach. Seems like the kind of player who will either have a very good game or a very poor one. Finding that consistency is key, but I like him in the side for now.

One or two words behind the scenes about shooting too often might not go amiss though :pochrolleyes:

it's still early doors but Lamela mkII looks a real possibility!

good to see a game where Eriksen's position was outplayed by his team mate. hasn't happened enough since the Dane's been at the club.

Eriksen may struggle to get back in the side if Sonny keeps this up.

I didn't really pay attention this time. But, Son kept using his left foot to cross the ball to the box more or less accurately during Sunderland match. Most of his shots were taken by his left as well. But all of his freekicks and corners were kicked by his right. I am assuming he was right-footed to begin with? I heard many people saying he was left-footed though. Either way, I am thoroughly impressed!

I didn't really pay attention this time. But, Son kept using his left foot to cross the ball to the box more or less accurately during Sunderland match. Most of his shots were taken by his left as well. But all of his freekicks and corners were kicked by his right. I am assuming he was right-footed to begin with? I heard many people saying he was left-footed though. Either way, I am thoroughly impressed!

He was tipped to be genuinely two footed when we got him, certainly looks like it!

I do agree with you! He should always be in the starting lineup as a left winger

He was tipped to be genuinely two footed when we got him, certainly looks like it!

Gotta be honest... when we first signed Son, I'd assumed it would be as a 2nd Striker/AM in a similar vein to N'Jie... :clintonohshit:

The fact he CAN play on the wing is a bonus, and shows his versatility... (plus his willingness to play where needed... two attributes I think Poch covets above most!)

But IF we need back up to Janssen for the next 6-8 weeks, and Harrison isn't quite ready for PL/CL yet... then I think we could do a lot worse than put Sonny up front to relieve the burden on Janssen... who will now not only be DESPERATE to impress... but will have NO CHOICE. he's playing. That's it!

Row Z beware!

Gotta be honest... when we first signed Son, I'd assumed it would be as a 2nd Striker/AM in a similar vein to N'Jie... :clintonohshit:

The fact he CAN play on the wing is a bonus, and shows his versatility... (plus his willingness to play where needed... two attributes I think Poch covets above most!)

But IF we need back up to Janssen for the next 6-8 weeks, and Harrison isn't quite ready for PL/CL yet... then I think we could do a lot worse than put Sonny up front to relieve the burden on Janssen... who will now not only be DESPERATE to impress... but will have NO CHOICE. he's playing. That's it!

Row Z beware!
Word is Harrison is in squad for Wed night, he was left out of Liverpool game last night.

Lamela was better in his second season. Hopefully on evidence of last 2 league matches, Son could also be better in his second season. Wonder if N'jie will be better in his second season. Oh we have already farmed him out on loan. Perhaps we will never know.

Very surprised to hear poch confirm that Son wanted to go back to Germany this summer.

I'd be very interested to know the reasons behind that. Always seems to be one of the happiest members of the squad.

Anyway I'm both glad he stayed and glad it wasn't a case of poch not wanting him. Hopefully the last 2 Prem games are only the start for him.

Very surprised to hear poch confirm that Son wanted to go back to Germany this summer.

I'd be very interested to know the reasons behind that. Always seems to be one of the happiest members of the squad.

Anyway I'm both glad he stayed and glad it wasn't a case of poch not wanting him. Hopefully the last 2 Prem games are only the start for him.

He was crying and apparently distraught about the Korean game. Only natural that he'd come home and deflect those feelings elsewhere. How many times has shit stuff happened to us, only for us to blame something/someone else entirely?

Back
Top Bottom