Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so-close-jim-halpert.gif

Wonderful player but not yet close to a legend, in my opinion. He'll hopefully get there though.
He is absolutely a legend for Tottenham. Not only is he a world-class player who scores a ton of goals but he has scored a ton of big and memorable goals. Instrumental in the most memorable run to the CL final. Not to mention hard-working and one of the most likable guys to ever wear a shirt. Semantics but if Son isn't a legend for Spurs then who is?

He is absolutely a legend for Tottenham. Not only is he a world-class player who scores a ton of goals but he has scored a ton of big and memorable goals. Instrumental in the most memorable run to the CL final. Not to mention hard-working and one of the most likable guys to ever wear a shirt. Semantics but if Son isn't a legend for Spurs then who is?

Not for me. Maybe a legend in recent times, as is Kane, but Son doesn't compare yet (and may never) to some genuine Tottenham greats.

Because he will finish his career as the clubs top scorer and possibly the Premier Leagues, I'd call Kane more of a legend than Son. He's a better overall player too, though we're fortunate to have both and both are better with each other than without.

I actually think he could score significantly more goals next season if we build the attack around him and he takes 50-60% more shots as he has this season. Insane to think he won the GB taking just over 80 shots vs Salahs 139.

He also scored 16 non penalty goals last season taking just over 60 shots.

I dont need to go through history books to say this fella is Spurs through and through. An outstanding footballer, passionate and has enhanced our great Club's image globally. Stuck with us through the shite that went on pre-season, so yeah.. he's a legend in my eyes.

Maybe not a legend on pure numbers, although very close.

But if you consider loyalty combined with the fact that he has been responsible for so many historic moments (City home and away in CL, NLD goals, Puskas, golden boot) he’s already a legend.

Sons GB was great but the way all his teammates played and poured on to give him the goal was impressive. All bode well for the next season.

Help me out, we had an argument during the match yesterday when I said that during his spell in Tottenham Son wasn’t linked once with an exit. Is it true because I can’t remember any club sniffing around him

Conte really understands what Son needs from his manager. Son is the epitome of the "arm round the shoulder" player. Not that Conte isn't genuine.

Mental how many off them where after Christmas

Without doing the math looks like a good 3/4 of them are after Conteball really started to take effect on the team

Exciting to see what he does next year with a pre season off it and hopefully some more guile and creativity in midfield and wingbacks

Defo our man goalscorer now it would seem even ahead of Harry

Mental how many off them where after Christmas

Without doing the math looks like a good 3/4 of them are after Conteball really started to take effect on the team

Exciting to see what he does next year with a pre season off it and hopefully some more guile and creativity in midfield and wingbacks

Defo our man goalscorer now it would seem even ahead of Harry
Pretty evident to me that Conte has been grooming him to be our main goal scorer. Son’s role now is more of a poacher and a bit similar to Ronaldo’s transition when he moved to RM. I always thought this was the best way to use Son given his talents as a scorer and efficiency in front of goal.

I don’t see him wasting too much energy or focus away from scoring goals next season.

Back
Top Bottom