Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't keep up with our fullbacks and who is the best pair. Davies great last season but dog this season, Tripps great World Cup but uninspired in the league so far, Aurier two very good performances on the spin, Rose looking okay but not near his best. Who to persist with is a bit of a nightmare.
It's a tough one, but I think we need a defined set of pairs. Our best season fullback wise was when we had Rose/Walker rotating with Tripper/Davies.

Best option would be too bring in a new player.

It's dangerous to have to rely on a player who has to play multiple games before he's even playing "ok" again.
He was really really crap today.
Possibly, but Davies is one of the best backup fullbacks around, home grown, doesn't make a fuss etc etc. Not easy to replace. Maybe KWP?

As good as it is to get the win on penalties, this is seriously troubling how they continue to concede these late goals. Poch needs to sort this out fast if they want to challenge for anything this season.

The financial disparity is irrelevant? 2 out of the last 3 champions have been the 2 most cash rich clubs of the last decade.

Prior to that, 13 of the last 14 seasons have been won by the 3 richest clubs.

Do you actually know anything?

Yep it’s all decided on turnover - the squad has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Hey we have one of the best squads in the league have done for the last 3 seasonbut that’s irrelavant because 5 other teams have bigger turnovers than us. The level of stupidity at show is quite something.

I want a trophy.
Here you go, knock yourself out...
thetrophyshop.png

That was the neatest 1st round league cup match. Came back from down 1:0. 10:11 and 10:10 and the shoot out to finish off. That was great

Yep it’s all decided on turnover - the squad has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Hey we have one of the best squads in the league have done for the last 3 seasonbut that’s irrelavant because 5 other teams have bigger turnovers than us. The level of stupidity at show is quite something.
You said the financial disparity is, and I quote, irrelevant. Don't move the goalposts now I've presented hard facts to destroy that argument. Here's another, Man City spent the most money in 2017 summer window, they then won the League. Irrelevant?

Just be wrong. Own it. Move on.

You'll grow from this experience.

As good as it is to get the win on penalties, this is seriously troubling how they continue to concede these late goals. Poch needs to sort this out fast if they want to challenge for anything this season.
Davies and Sanchez look to lack confidence (being dropped for two players that looked to be leaving despite having the seasons they had probably play a part). And all our defenders bar Aurier seem to have forgotten how to close down a player around the box.

Poch is a defender himself. He should be able to sort this out

We won a shoot out and Liverpool are out . Magnificent night !!
Still got major problems but I’m just basking in this . Gonna watch the highlights again now

If it takes us that much to beat Watford at home I do fear playing the bigger teams though
Are we seriously using excuses for going to penalties against fucking Watford.

Do we still not consider Wembley games home games even though we played a season there?
Why do we always have to look somewhere else to blame?

It was our 1st game there. Watford beat us a few weeks ago . Where the blame?

We weren’t great but got through , that’s it

Back
Top Bottom