Hope?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there any? Any at all? Anywhere?

- We have a Chairman who hasn't led the club to any success in regards to trophies.

- We have a manager that has clearly lost his way in the modern game, and is afraid of his own shadow. But he didn't appoint himself and he was never the right fit for us at any point. The blame lies with the above.

- Our squad is full of so many average players. We don't really have any genuinely exciting prospects either. The likes of Skipp, Tanganga and Parrott hardly fill me with real hope and optimism. Without Kane we're basically Crystal Palace.

- Our best player is clearly dis-heartened and seemingly will want out once we finish about 8th, as much as he loves the club. With Kane gone, if it comes to that, no doubt the likes of Son will seriously question their future at the club.

- We'll barely have a pot to piss in unless we get serious money for our best player. Yet at bare minimum we need a centre-back, right-back, a central midfielder and a replacement for Lloris at bare minimum. In a perfect world we would be looking to make 7 or 8 signings. Not a chance, and certainly not signings of real quality.

None at all. Another abject offering today. After the NLD, this is the big one fora northerner like me. Hate those red cunts with a passion.
We are feeble from back to front. Jose out now for me. He’s had long enough with a group he rather fancied. Woeful tbh

The hope is that there is still a lot of talent on the club, we are still one of the biggest clubs in the league and with an effective manager, which we can get, things will get much better.

Yes changes need to be made but it isn't like we have maxed out our resources and have reached the peak of our clubs ceiling. There are hard moves to be made but they are clear and it is certainly possible to make the needed changes.

The blueprint is there, we have had success under different managers and players. The changes can be made and success reached again.

Yeah there’s hope. We’ve still got loads of decent players

a change of manager could kick start it, also think ENIC will have to find 200m or so to spend or their investment will really start to tank

I think of all their fuck ups (and there has been a few) not listening to poch and and investing in the squad and expecting him to keep pulling top 4 out of his arse is the biggest of them all. The owners became complacent and expected it as a given. Completely fucked themselves and us now.

Is there any? Any at all? Anywhere?

- We have a Chairman who hasn't led the club to any success in regards to trophies.

- We have a manager that has clearly lost his way in the modern game, and is afraid of his own shadow. But he didn't appoint himself and he was never the right fit for us at any point. The blame lies with the above.

- Our squad is full of so many average players. We don't really have any genuinely exciting prospects either. The likes of Skipp, Tanganga and Parrott hardly fill me with real hope and optimism. Without Kane we're basically Crystal Palace.

- Our best player is clearly dis-heartened and seemingly will want out once we finish about 8th, as much as he loves the club. With Kane gone, if it comes to that, no doubt the likes of Son will seriously question their future at the club.

- We'll barely have a pot to piss in unless we get serious money for our best player. Yet at bare minimum we need a centre-back, right-back, a central midfielder and a replacement for Lloris at bare minimum. In a perfect world we would be looking to make 7 or 8 signings. Not a chance, and certainly not signings of real quality.
Great post up until the last paragraph.

Not sure where this idea of sudden poverty has come. We was the 8th wealthiest club on the planet when I last looked. And surely the fabled best run club in football must be in a far healthier position emerging from the pandemic than all the other reckless spenders?

Yeah there’s hope. We’ve still got loads of decent players

a change of manager could kick start it, also think ENIC will have to find 200m or so to spend or their investment will really start to tank

Yeah, decent players. A couple of great ones. I just can't not see us as anything else than a massive project for someone, but what's a project without the necessary resources? I think someone else could get more from the squad we have, someone a bit more brave than Mourinho. But polish a turd and it will still be a turd at the end of the day.

Great post up until the last paragraph.

Not sure where this idea of sudden poverty has come. We was the 8th wealthiest club on the planet when I last looked. And surely the fabled best run club in football must be in a far healthier position emerging from the pandemic than all the other reckless spenders?

I don't see us throwing money around, left, right and centre though. And even if we did have the money, which top players will genuinely want to come to a club not playing Champions League football and a team that will very much be a work in progress under someone?

Plenty.
- great striker(s) if you include Sonny
- decent MF in Tanguy - maybe GLC, maybe Dele
- ability to pay comparable wages compared to most of Europe (not oil states obvs)
- best stadium etc
- probably need one or two indefinable ‘something’ players to stitch the team together...might not be big names, but highly competent team players...don’t know who, tho
- can’t see Jose staying another season - but if he does, we’ll be in CL and have spent big on his players moving forward so can’t do worse?
- we’re a big London team - have a short history of CL so easier to buy into than - say WH
- most importantly - we are the mighty Tottenham Hotspur of WHL!

Rodon, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Bergwijn all 25 or under. Bin this dreadful manager, get a DOF and a good young coach and sign some more younger players and give it time. Sell as many of Doherty, Aurier, Foyth, Toby, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko and Lamela as we can. We need a summer 2004 moment with Arnesen and Jol, hopefully this time without Santini.

Get in a progressive manager, bring through some of the young players and sign a couple of solid centre backs.....we'll be fine

This time last season West Ham were 19th, they signed Dawson and Coufal and they are 4th.

Hard to tell whilst the black cloud of Mourinho hangs over the club just how bad our situation/some of these players really are.

I do fear the worst if our best players decide to jump ship at the end of the season.

Yes

1. We have the best facilities in all of football with our stadium and training ground

2 we have a core of talented players (if underperforming) in Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Regulion, Aurier, Rodon, Lloris, Lucas, Hojbjerg plus some others who could under be useful under the right circumstances such as Skipp, Bergwijn, Vinnie, Sessegnon.

3 we have a bundle of deadwood to sell to generate money as well as free wages. Potentially Including Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Dele, Davies, Rose, Lamela, Sanchez. That is probably around 60-70m plus a lot of free wages that can be used to sign new players

4 along with Skipp we have some decent youngest such as Devine and Scarlett who look like they could be future stars for us.

We totally lack direction in a football sense though. Jose was a crazy choice considering he needs hundreds of millions to spend. Our scouting and managerial choices leave a lot to be desired and while Levy is good at the finance and infrastructure side he shown to be out of depth on the football side. This is no accident, he knows no more about football than you or me, he was not a player or a coach. We badly need a director of football and for him to be given major control of the football side.

My only hope is a fun manager like the tranny boffer Rodgers next season that will at least play decent football, any hope of genuine success has long since left me , we have 3 or 4 players I want to keep , a manager that will never fit Spurs and an owner that's all about profit

I think we’ll be fine with the right managerial appointment, but we’ll need another 2-3 bumpy seasons to transition to a new team. I’m saying this because Kane could leave, Son doesn’t look like he’s signing a new contract so if we have to sell these players, we need a proper system and the right players to make for the quality the likes of Kane and Son provide.

Oh and we need a proper scouting system badly.

Yeah, decent players. A couple of great ones. I just can't not see us as anything else than a massive project for someone, but what's a project without the necessary resources? I think someone else could get more from the squad we have, someone a bit more brave than Mourinho. But polish a turd and it will still be a turd at the end of the day.

Its not a massive project though.

I think we’ll be fine with the right managerial appointment, but we’ll need another 2-3 bumpy seasons to transition to a new team. I’m saying this because Kane could leave, Son doesn’t look like he’s signing a new contract so if we have to sell these players, we need a proper system and the right players to make for the quality the likes of Kane and Son provide.

Oh and we need a proper scouting system badly.
We are always 2 or 3 seasons away tho, from the team we had 3 or 4 years ago to the team we have now is appalling bad management.

Back
Top Bottom