Hope?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It should do. We're still a huge pull to most managers and players.
And though it has been delayed by the terrible timing of this pandemic, our stadium is primed to serve as a giant cash register for us when the world gets back to normal. There are all kinds of legit complaints about Enic’s leadership, but their infrastructural development of the training grounds and stadium should be huge net positives for a long time.

We know Levy will eventually change the manager, it’s a matter of when. I just hope it’s sooner than later now.

Where I don’t have much hope is in ownership and how the club is run as a footballing entity. Steady investment in players over time, rather than a scramble to plug holes in a boom or bust way. A scouting system that works. We’re just at yet another transition point in the Levy/ENIC roundabout.

Good title to thread.

Of course. This is a virtual matter because as long as we all have life and health then this problematic aspect that relates to football can be contextualized.

We will get through this and personnel, some key ones even will change.

But the club is bigger than the moment.

Always hope until it's extinguished through that last puff.

We have more shit players in our squad than quality.
2 seasons 2 managers and still the same gutless performances week after week.
We have 2 or 3 players that are good enough to challange for honours the rest of the squad are mid table rubbish.
Oliver Skipp will walk into this team next season a good young player with very little experience.
That is a very scary thought because the central pair of Ndombele and Lo Celso cost close on £100 million
How do you explain coaches like bielsa, Chris Wilde and potter at Brighton that manage to bring entertaining football, success (at various levels) with seemingly far less resources than us and they certainly don't have a son, Kane, lloris etc. The squad ain't as bad as many say but they are being made to look utter wank by Jose's decisions, tactics, formations and Jose's toxic as fuck cult of personality.
Get a decent modern day manager and you'll see the difference

We're shit, but things are never as good or bad as they seem IMO. Today was relatively even and could have gone another way on another day.

For me we have three clear gaps in our starting XI that need to be filled and they are both CB's and the Right back. People complain about Lloris but I think he is far far better than the likes of Pope. We have deadwood to move on so if we can get the right moves in the window (we saw us do that last year with Hojbjerg/Reguilion, but then fail with Doherty) then who knows.

We're shit, but things are never as good or bad as they seem IMO. Today was relatively even and could have gone another way on another day.

For me we have three clear gaps in our starting XI that need to be filled and they are both CB's and the Right back. People complain about Lloris but I think he is far far better than the likes of Pope. We have deadwood to move on so if we can get the right moves in the window (we saw us do that last year with Hojbjerg/Reguilion, but then fail with Doherty) then who knows.

Although I agree with your sentiment, I don't see how anyone can genuinely say that the game was relatively even. It was a poor first half and both teams huffed and puffed. But for the entire second half they made us look like a Championship team. If they played how they did in the second half, in the first, it could have been a cricket score.

The blame simply has to be laid at Enic’s door. We have had a succession of managers who have fallen short. Even Mourinho with all his past glories can’t get a regular tune out of the squad. Poor appointment as it turns out.
The big problem is the shiny new stadium. Fur coat and no knickers. There’s no way people will fork out the best part of £100 a time to watch second rate football being played and managed by uninterested and overpaid oafs. No matter how swanky the stadium is. It’s time for them to sell up to someone who is all about winning things because a 62000 seater stadium will be a very lonely place when there’s only 15-20,000 people turning up.

I'm completely at odds with the club like I've never been in my life to be honest. It's the way it's all happened, to be a team mid table or europa and hoping for a champs league brought a better perspective each week we all knew as fans what we wanted. Levy kept handicapping good managers and made poor transfer decisions so many times but we all had this united end target.

Poch comes along, it all falls in place and we had a starting 11 that was just fantastic in every area of the pitch. We finally as a team got there. It wasn't about winning finals, it's about competing and going into each season believing this could be the one. Poch got us so very close and Levy for the millions we made whilst he was here, keeping the team motivated and playing well against the best in the world, beating the very best teams around, he completely fumbled everything, got greedy and couldn't see how to maintain this fantastic run.

His decision was get rid of our best manager, and bring in a manager that has a proven track record for short term success, no long term stability, after spending a lot of money. He also decided to pay him more money than our most successful manager and hottest property on the market for managers when he left.

Daniel Levy played a massive high stakes game of poker with us and the big teams and he lost.

After the champions league final, there probably wasn't a player available and more we couldn't have brought in. Now, a top player wouldn't consider us and were back to hunting for quality at a low price with a poor transfer team clearly.

No Fernandes although it was ours to take. No grealish. No Dybala. I'm sure there's others.

We talk about Sabitzer and Skrinier but really will they come to us now?
Liverpool will be hunting next season, West ham will probably invest if they finish higher than us, scum, all the teams around us.

We are totally fucked and the end of the Enic reign should now come. If they had any ounce of respect for our club they would sell on to someone looking to invest. Whatever price they sell the club at would be a huge profit but they will still look for the highest possible price available and only ones willing to pay will be a company looking to get a similar profit on investment.

It really does feel grim right now, if Levy moves quickly, apoints someone good, the players feel as if they're getting somewhere between now and May and gain some momentum going into the new season then maybe we can stave off losing Kane.

If we just limp on like this then I think it'll totally turn everyone off. Maybe Levy will just deny Kane the move by pricing him out of the market, given his contract situation, but it's very hard to confidently feel positive going forward as long as we have Dan in charge. Yes we need rid of Moronho but we desperately need to see the back of Levy to have genuine cause for optimism again.

Is there any? Any at all? Anywhere?

- We have a Chairman who hasn't led the club to any success in regards to trophies.

- We have a manager that has clearly lost his way in the modern game, and is afraid of his own shadow. But he didn't appoint himself and he was never the right fit for us at any point. The blame lies with the above.

- Our squad is full of so many average players. We don't really have any genuinely exciting prospects either. The likes of Skipp, Tanganga and Parrott hardly fill me with real hope and optimism. Without Kane we're basically Crystal Palace.

- Our best player is clearly dis-heartened and seemingly will want out once we finish about 8th, as much as he loves the club. With Kane gone, if it comes to that, no doubt the likes of Son will seriously question their future at the club.

- We'll barely have a pot to piss in unless we get serious money for our best player. Yet at bare minimum we need a centre-back, right-back, a central midfielder and a replacement for Lloris at bare minimum. In a perfect world we would be looking to make 7 or 8 signings. Not a chance, and certainly not signings of real quality.
There's hope because where there's life there always is. I was told by people I trust that Naggelsmann is very real and interested. However he wants assurance that are difficult because of Covid.

This will end because its already over for Jose and that's the biggest fucking thing we have going , that he along with half the current team are finished.

And though it has been delayed by the terrible timing of this pandemic, our stadium is primed to serve as a giant cash register for us when the world gets back to normal. There are all kinds of legit complaints about Enic’s leadership, but their infrastructural development of the training grounds and stadium should be huge net positives for a long time.
I agree to a point,but surely even they(ENIC) must look at themselves and think we should have won more.How do we fix this? But they aren't,or don't seem to be.

This team isn't as bad as they seem at the moment, but it is very tired. We will get through this soon enough. Just a new manager with a fresh attitude and perspective will improve things, but we do need some new blood and changing of the guard.

Honestly, I just emotionally detached myself from this season and wrote it off a few weeks ago. It makes it so much easier to deal with what is going on.

How do you explain coaches like bielsa, Chris Wilde and potter at Brighton that manage to bring entertaining football, success (at various levels) with seemingly far less resources than us and they certainly don't have a son, Kane, lloris etc. The squad ain't as bad as many say but they are being made to look utter wank by Jose's decisions, tactics, formations and Jose's toxic as fuck cult of personality.
Get a decent modern day manager and you'll see the difference
We had a modern day manager and the vast majority of this squad shit on him and downed tools in the last 12 months of his time at Spurs.
This squad is a very poor group of players with the exception of a few.

We had a modern day manager and the vast majority of this squad shit on him and downed tools in the last 12 months of his time at Spurs.
This squad is a very poor group of players with the exception of a few.
Nah. The problem was lack of new players (poch or levys fault...who knows?) Where some needed or wanted to go and upgrades should have been made so....

Back
Top Bottom