Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not sure why some ppl see this as anything short of "good result and game"?!?

I mean we were playing the game without very many influential players, and still won it confortably.
I really do not understand commentators and such who lamented "Huddersfield good start to the game"?!? Yea, they controlled the posession, but who the fook cares? Even before Kane broke the deadlock we were up with attempts 3:0. We were sharper and better every effing second of the game.

Main positives -
- so much better at defending set pieces and crosses to the box! Sanchez had quite a part.
- another good game from Gazzaniga, very solid options to stick between the sticks
- nice control of the game on contrary what some pundits claimed

Main negatives -
- injuries (we'd need Verts and Eriksen back asap, please and thank you!)
- Dier's performance in 1st half - just extremely poor, sloppy, non-agressive etc. Way off the level that Spurs players should be on...
- finishing off chances - could have scored 6, but Son and Moura decision making was off

Now I'd expect us to be fully focused and ready for the huge game against Barca.
COME ON YOU SPURS!

I am not sure why some ppl see this as anything short of "good result and game"?!?

I mean we were playing the game without very many influential players, and still won it confortably.
I really do not understand commentators and such who lamented "Huddersfield good start to the game"?!? Yea, they controlled the posession, but who the fook cares? Even before Kane broke the deadlock we were up with attempts 3:0. We were sharper and better every effing second of the game.

Main positives -
- so much better at defending set pieces and crosses to the box! Sanchez had quite a part.
- another good game from Gazzaniga, very solid options to stick between the sticks
- nice control of the game on contrary what some pundits claimed

Main negatives -
- injuries (we'd need Verts and Eriksen back asap, please and thank you!)
- Dier's performance in 1st half - just extremely poor, sloppy, non-agressive etc. Way off the level that Spurs players should be on...
- finishing off chances - could have scored 6, but Son and Moura decision making was off

Now I'd expect us to be fully focused and ready for the huge game against Barca.
COME ON YOU SPURS!
God forbid a premier league team have a few spells in a game at their home ground

It’s almost as people said we were not good enough and the squad was weak and the window was a shambles that will cost us.......

But 5 wins in 7 with injuries to key players is completely unacceptable?

It’s almost as if they said Liverpool and Utd had surpassed us, and City were light years ahead.

But being just 4pts behind Liverpool and City, who have been at their utter best, while 5pts ahead of Utd (who spent 75M on Fred and Dalot) is just not good enough.

We are fatigued one week then it’s the windows fault the next.

Some need to decide if they think we can challenge once and for all, or if we will struggle to make top 5, like they claimed in the summer.

Because from where I’m sitting, we are surpassing their expectations.
Unless of course, they think we should be top, ahead of Liverpool and City and Chelsea, despite the fact we “fucked the season up by not signing anyone.”

Which one is it?

It’s almost as people said we were not good enough and the squad was weak and the window was a shambles that will cost us.......

It’s almost as if they said Liverpool and Utd had surpassed us, and City were light years ahead.

But being just 4pts behind Liverpool and City, who have been at their utter best, while 5pts ahead of Utd (who spent 75M on Fred and Dalot) is just not good enough.

Some need to decide if they think we can challenge once and for all, or if we will struggle to make top 5, like they claimed in the summer.

Unless of course, they think we should be top, ahead of Liverpool and City and Chelsea, despite the fact we “fucked the season up by not signing anyone.”

Which one is it?
:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Which one is it?
Someone's desperate for an argument as usual

Someone's desperate for an argument as usual
Just facts mate.

Things have been said, accusations have been thrown around, the chairman and the club have been slated, half the squad has been deemed inept, the season has been written off.

But here we are just 4pts off Liverpool who spend 260M since January and have pissed all over us etc etc etc.

But no one wants to take their comments back...?

Eriksen is fine, Kane is fine they said.

But Spurs have been shit? Oh it’s Diers fault?

Like I said, the three teams above us are playing at their best with no injuries....
Yet here we are, no Lloris, no Dele, Eriksen out and claims of fatigue, and b level back up, holding our own, still yet to peak.

Not a crumb of humble pie being spilled around this place though eh?

Damn right I want an argument, but no ones man enough show me exactly how the season is fucked and a write off already due to lack of transfers.
Oops

People are quick to argue when they think they have a point aren’t they though. Silence is deafening though.

4pts behind with 31 games to go. CRISIS!!!!!!!

Just facts mate.

Things have been said, accusations have been thrown around, the chairman and the club have been slated, half the squad has been deemed inept, the season has been written off.

But here we are just 4pts off Liverpool who spend 260M since January and have pissed all over us etc etc etc.

But no one wants to take their comments back...?

Eriksen is fine, Kane is fine they said.

But Spurs have been shit? Oh it’s Diers fault?

Like I said, the three teams above us are playing at their best with no injuries....
Yet here we are, no Lloris, no Dele, Eriksen out and claims of fatigue, and b level back up, holding our own, still yet to peak.

Not a crumb of humble pie being spilled around this place though eh?

Damn right I want an argument, but no ones man enough show me exactly how the season is fucked and a write off already due to lack of transfers.
Oops

People are quick to argue when they think they have a point aren’t they though. Silence is deafening though.

4pts behind with 31 games to go. CRISIS!!!!!!!
I agree we're doing fine in the league so far, not the most entertaining season so far but it's early days.

People aren't going to apologise for having a different point of view to you, even if they appear to have been wrong. just let it go. Life will be less stressful.

I agree we're doing fine in the league so far, not the most entertaining season so far but it's early days.

People aren't going to apologise for having a different point of view to you, even if they appear to have been wrong. just let it go. Life will be less stressful.

Don’t need to apologise to me and I don’t want them too.

Im sick to death of winning games and people slagging us off consantly and cunting off our players.

Precious little flowers who bin you for saying Eriksen has been poor but are happy to call Dier a shit cunt that should play for West Ham

Cracking away day.

Pre match in a proper working mens club that was basically a bar in someones front room.

Ground is fantastic, fells like you are out in the Black Forest somewhere. Outdoor concourse in the sunshine.

Got to give a lot of credit to their supporters who sung nearly all game. The 2 goals pegged them back a bit but even right at the end they where still making loads of noise, which then spurred us on to give it back.

As for the result, they came at us hard initially and we rode it well. Our penalty was soft and if that shot off the bar had gone in it would have been a very different game second half. Forcing Dier into the back three actually was a blessing in disguise as i thought him and Tripper barely completed a pass in the first twenty mins.
Still i didnt think we really needed to get out of first gear for a lot of the game, and with our two most creative players out.

Shout out to the two blokes next to me who argued about whose seat was whose through the entire second half. I had a spare next to me and said i would shuffle along but they where far two worried about who was in the wrong to let that bother them.

Day out wasn't even spoiled by the M1 closure and the 2 hrs sat in a stationary vehicle with 3 overtired kids in the back.

Shout out to the two blokes next to me who argued about whose seat was whose through the entire second half. I had a spare next to me and said i would shuffle along but they where far two worried about who was in the wrong to let that bother them.

Sounds like they are probably members of this very forum :levyeyes:

This often happens at away games - people intercept the post and then when someone picks up the duplicate there's someone with no where to stand.

Back
Top Bottom