If Poch does go, who would you like to see next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino is not ready for the Madrid job and they won't gamble on a manager who has yet to show he can be a winner when it matters most.

I would give him 6 months.

However big we are we are not Madrid.

Hmmm, Devon. Inbred brexiteer filth.

Trust me, I'm from Norfolk. I know the signs

images

If Poch leaves I might stop following football for a while. I can't see myself getting over the loss.

I love the guy and how he approaches football management. Most of it echos everything I think is the right approach. Train hard, work hard, be respectful, create a great team atmosphere, play ambitious, entertaining football, do not make excuses, be honest and brave and respectful when merting the press. He does most of it close to perfectly.

The guy is the ideal manager for me. If he goes, right now I can't be bothered to think who should replace him, as I think nobody could.
Nobody is bigger than the club. If one man leaves you'll stop watching football? Leave now if you're a plastic fan. :vertna:

Nobody is bigger than the club. If one man leaves you'll stop watching football? Leave now if you're a plastic fan. :vertna:

Falling out of love with the game isn't the same thing as that which you're implying.

If you're not at odds with the ill effects of financial doping and the artificially rich sabotaging the progress of naturally developing clubs then fair play, but id suggest that makes your outlook a bit... well... How should i put it..... "Plastic".

If Poch leaves I might stop following football for a while. I can't see myself getting over the loss.

I love the guy and how he approaches football management. Most of it echos everything I think is the right approach. Train hard, work hard, be respectful, create a great team atmosphere, play ambitious, entertaining football, do not make excuses, be honest and brave and respectful when merting the press. He does most of it close to perfectly.

The guy is the ideal manager for me. If he goes, right now I can't be bothered to think who should replace him, as I think nobody could.

I know what you mean but fuck it I love the club more than I love Poch. The club matters more and whilst Poch's been perfect, you never know, next geezer may be even better.

Zidane a World Cup winner, a quietly tough man, manager of their B side at the time and a player who stars like Ramos, Ronaldo and co would have to respect.

Pochettino, a manager who is getting there but has fallen short.

‘Fallen short’???

No he’s not won anything........yet

But he’s taken us to a standard higher than any I’ve seen since the 80s!!
We are a genuine top four club feared and respected by all, way over achieving with the resources at hand

‘Fallen short’

:pochunimpressed:

I know what you mean but fuck it I love the club more than I love Poch. The club matters more and whilst Poch's been perfect, you never know, next geezer may be even better.
Zidane a World Cup winner, a quietly tough man, manager of their B side at the time and a player who stars like Ramos, Ronaldo and co would have to respect.

Agree with this completely - at this point I’d gladly replace Pochettino with a proven winner; Zidane has even been mentioned, possibly nonsense but would be an obvious upgrade in terms of pedigree and prestige. People will point to the fact that he’s had a great squad and won at Real, but Poch has had a very good squad and failed to win.

Simeone and Conte have both managed to win honours with a similar/inferior depth of quality in the past 5 seasons - absolving Pochettino of any obligation to win because he doesn’t have infinite resources is moronic, especially when you acknowledge that while not an expensive to assemble squad, it’s a almost unprecedentedly valuable one.

The hero worship Pochettino gets here is identical to that Keegan received at Newcastle in the 90’s - it’s as if the fan base has a strange fetish for failure.

Agree with this completely - at this point I’d gladly replace Pochettino with a proven winner; Zidane has even been mentioned, possibly nonsense but would be an obvious upgrade in terms of pedigree and prestige. People will point to the fact that he’s had a great squad and won at Real, but Poch has had a very good squad and failed to win.

Simeone and Conte have both managed to win honours with a similar/inferior depth of quality in the past 5 seasons - absolving Pochettino of any obligation to win because he doesn’t have infinite resources is moronic, especially when you acknowledge that while not an expensive to assemble squad, it’s a almost unprecedentedly valuable one.

The hero worship Pochettino gets here is identical to that Keegan received at Newcastle in the 90’s - it’s as if the fan base has a strange fetish for failure.

No, Poch didn't "have" a very good squad - he built one. He inherited a horrible mess when AVB/Timothy left.

He worked hard to massively improve existing players (like Dembele, Verts), give young players a chance to get to the next level (Kane, Alli, Winks) and get rid of all the deadwood that was weighing the club down.

To compare his situation with Zidane's - who really did inherit a world class squad - is laughable. But then, so is your post.

Contrary to the popular narrative, there is no evidence that Zidane can take a bunch of misfits and unproven young players and take them to the next level, like Poch has done. He is good at what he does - winning mainly cup competitions with a world class squad.

Contrary to the popular narrative, there is no evidence that Zidane can take a bunch of misfits and unproven young players and take them to the next level, like Poch has done. He is good at what he does - winning mainly cup competitions with a world class squad.

+ No sniff of la liga since he took over.

Back
Top Bottom