If you had to take one over the others.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which striker would you prefer

• Total voters
well, to be fair, emmanuel is kindaa old, and gonna be past his prime. soldado is idk..so-and-so.
benteke in my eyes is a gooner, i dont even care .
but lukaku though.
i might be wrong but back when he was et anderlecht, didnt CR7 say that lukaku is the only one who can be the next him orsomething.
:adesalute:

Ade is old. Soldado lol. Benteke is going to struggle to be fit for next season. Lukaku is genuinely going to be one of the league's top strikers within the next year or two. Don't think he will play outside the champions league much longer, whether it's at Chelsea or otherwise.

Ade is old. Soldado lol. Benteke is going to struggle to be fit for next season. Lukaku is genuinely going to be one of the league's top strikers within the next year or two. Don't think he will play outside the champions league much longer, whether it's at Chelsea or otherwise.

Yep, Lukaku is the new Sturridge, what is it with Chelsea and missing on big strikers.

Like Ade, would still keep him if possible. If we have to sell Bobby to get Lukaku then so be it, Lukaku is quick, powerful has good close control and is a natural predatory around the box at only 20 years old, no brainer.

Probably Benteke, he offers something a bit different. But we would still need wingers that can cross to get the ball to him.

Soldado. Purely because if LvG comes in he will get him firing again. Soldado scored 59 goals in 101 games for Valencia. That's just as good as Lukakau. Soldado's talent hasn't vanished overnight. It's still in there and I think someone like LvG can get it back out of him.

So if LvG comes in I'd like to see a front line of Soldado and Lukaku, with Ade as backup, since there is no scenario where we would be forced to take one over all others. Not interested in Benteke now that he's got a chronic injury. Sell Kane.

Soldado. Purely because if LvG comes in he will get him firing again. Soldado scored 59 goals in 101 games for Valencia. That's just as good as Lukakau. Soldado's talent hasn't vanished overnight. It's still in there and I think someone like LvG can get it back out of him.

So if LvG comes in I'd like to see a front line of Soldado and Lukaku, with Ade as backup, since there is no scenario where we would be forced to take one over all others. Not interested in Benteke now that he's got a chronic injury. Sell Kane.

Not sure I am glad you have faith in Soldado, he does have some skill but his finishing this season has been below par, he also seems not to get himself in the best positions in the box and he struggles with the phyisicality of our league, your right in the best system he may come good but I am not sure.

Lukaku would be an amazing coup, even if we have to pay £30 million for him, has everything strength, speed, arrogant attitude (in a good way), good skills, good finishing and only 20. I remember when Chelsea put Sturridge up for sale and I couldn't believe they would sell such a gifted player and being really annoyed we didn't bid for him, I get the same feeling about Lukaku as Sturridge, we would be idiots to pass up the chance.

Ade is getting old. I like the bloke, and it seems his mentality is getting better.
But it's probably too late for that now. Regardless, I'd still keep him here, if not only for leadership purposes. However, arguably it might just be better to cash out, while Levy can.

Same can be said about Soldado getting old (even though age shouldn't affect his type of play for a while still). In addition, as of now he still hasn't kicked off in the PL for one reason or another. I do believe he'll be back to his best with the right approach and gaffer, but one can only hope for the future.

Benteke. Well, he's a gooner lover (idolizes Henry/wants to go there), so I couldn't care less. Ignoring all that, player wise, he does seem pretty decent, but even that is now in question with his frequent injury spells. Though this might help lower his price.

And finally, Lukaku. Need not to say, but he's a beast AND is young.
He definitely can be a Drogba-esque player. His physique is great, can play alone or with a partner, etc. With all that being said, it's gonna be one heck of a battle to purchase him. Why Chelsea would even consider to sell him, idk. Only reason comes to mind is FFP and money/outgoings needed to fund for players like Costa. And even with all that aside, why would he leave Everton?

Maybe there's an Option E out there ... Dzeko, Michy, etc???

Last edited:
The bulldog boy is just trolling and looking for a reaction as usual, but, for what it's worth, once you tear your achilles tendon it never fully heals to the same extent as it was before. He could well lose his pace after this. Previous players who have suffered it have either simply not been as good after rehabilitation or have retired.

A huge risk to take in the summer under those circumstances.

The bulldog boy is just trolling and looking for a reaction as usual, but, for what it's worth, once you tear your achilles tendon it never fully heals to the same extent as it was before. He could well lose his pace after this. Previous players who have suffered it have either simply not been as good after rehabilitation or have retired.

A huge risk to take in the summer under those circumstances.
Absolutely no medical truth in that, I'm afraid - many cases recover fully and there is no factual evidence the tendon would be weaker in every single individual who has suffered a tear. Beckham would be the highest profile example of that. Every person recovers differently

Back
Top Bottom