Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if 50% of people still think top 4 is achievable :eriksenlol:
I think it is - no way would Chavs and Leicester keep winning for the next 26 games

All teams will drop points - we just need a solid run of 4-5 consecutive wins to build up some momentum and most importantly - confidence

I think it is - no way would Chavs and Leicester keep winning for the next 26 games

All teams will drop points - we just need a solid run of 4-5 consecutive wins to build up some momentum and most importantly - confidence
A solid run of 4-5 wins.... optimistic, considering our last 5 games we haven't won once and that consisted of playing Brighton, Watford, Everton and Sheffield United.

We still have to play West Ham, Bournemouth, Man U, Burnley, Wolves and Chelsea before Christmas and with what I have seen so far I can't see more than 2 wins from that, would like to be wrong but just being realistic. We are in trouble.

Have you watched Leicester or Chelsea recently?

It's utter madness to suggest Leicester & Chelsea will slip away, while their performances suggest the opposite, while expecting us to win 4 or 5 in a row, when our performances indicate we couldn't win against a five-a-side team.

What fucking planet are some of you on.

Have you watched Leicester or Chelsea recently?

It's utter madness to suggest Leicester & Chelsea will slip away, while their performances suggest the opposite, while expecting us to win 4 or 5 in a row, when our performances indicate we couldn't win against a five-a-side team.

What fucking planet are some of you on.
You’re right - Chavs and Leicester will win 26 games in a row

All I am saying mate is that to write relegation off and say it isn't possible is dangerous, people wrote Leicester off when they won the league.

Confidence can do strange things in sports, it can carry you to amazing feats, the same thing can happen with a lack of confidence, it can completely kill a season and a club in a very short period of time.

And even if we don't get relegated, we still need a change, so whilst you say everything is not doom and gloom I would counter that with well, what positives can we really take from a season where we finish mid-table with no trophies? The only positive would be we didn't get relegated, that's not something to celebrate.
I get that, as I said its abysmal and shit needs to change. But we aren't getting relegated, that's an exaggeration that I think distracts from the point. This isn't acceptable, period.

To the last bit, suppose we win the FA Cup whilst finishing 7th. Does Poch stay? Does he deserve to? Is this season a "success" then? I'd say certainly not.

I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as if it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Anyway turns out he has pneumonia....stupid cunt is still smoking, no helping some people...
Get where you're coming from Arty. Having a bit of a hard time myself with one thing and another, and it's daft expecting Spurs to "make it all better", at the moment it's the complete opposite!
Hope things get better for your friend x

Get where you're coming from Arty. Having a bit of a hard time myself with one thing and another, and it's daft expecting Spurs to "make it all better", at the moment it's the complete opposite!
Hope things get better for your friend x
I think he's doomed to be honest, he's had breathing problems for ages and just will not stop smoking....you haven't lived until you've seen a guy with an oxygen tank lighting up a fag...mind you he is a Chelsea fan...

I think Top 4 is going to be an incredible stretch at this point. We have dropped so many points at home to sides that are in the bottom half that I think we're going to struggle to pick up enough points to challenge for top 4. Mind you, I think playing the EL is pointless, wouldn't mind seeing us in 8th and get a Europe free season in 20-21. I don't think we are going to get relegated, our players will have an uptick in form at some point and steer us well clear of it.

I don't think we're too good to go down but we'll be saved by the amount of dross in the league.

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we get top 4 though. Been to four matches so far and seen the rest on TV and there is nothing that makes me think we'll get anywhere near it. We are bereft of confidence, playing badly and look disjointed. Where is the massive uptick coming from? I can't see it.

Mind you, I think playing the EL is pointless, wouldn't mind seeing us in 8th and get a Europe free season in 20-21. I don't think we are going to get relegated, our players will have an uptick in form at some point and steer us well clear of it.

I agree - better to miss Europa* entirely and totally rejig the squad.

Europa not Europe - not some Brexit joke, FYI,

I thought we would beat Sheffield United. So two points dropped there. And by the sounds of it lucky to get a win.

A lot resting on Kane’s shoulders now. Or Son. Sure as fuck not Winks and Sissoko to weigh in with some goals.

But we need goals. As we can’t defend for shit.

Back
Top Bottom