Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0cc926d5821428ec48712e4a449d1e42.jpg

I'm a football romantic, especially when it comes to Italian football. Such a sucker for the 90s...those near-unbeatable AC teams, Robbie Baggio, Juve signing Zizou, Inter getting Ronaldo, that Parma team, Javier Zanetti and of course my fave player of all time...the great Paolo.

As such, I would've loved to see Vlahovic remain at Fiorentina for another few years, he'd have become a cult hero like Batistuta and could well have topped his goal tally. But it wasn't to be.

I think he'll do great at Juve. They defo need to rejuvenate the squad but with De Ligt, Weston and Dusan, that's a real interesting backbone to build on.

I'm a football romantic, especially when it comes to Italian football. Such a sucker for the 90s...those near-unbeatable AC teams, Robbie Baggio, Juve signing Zizou, Inter getting Ronaldo, that Parma team, Javier Zanetti and of course my fave player of all time...the great Paolo.

As such, I would've loved to see Vlahovic remain at Fiorentina for another few years, he'd have become a cult hero like Batistuta and could well have topped his goal tally. But it wasn't to be.

I think he'll do great at Juve. They defo need to rejuvenate the squad but with De Ligt, Weston and Dusan, that's a real interesting backbone to build on.
Thank you for this memory: Juventus returned great from 94-95. A war machine that every 1-2 sold champions who wanted to leave (Inzaghi, Vieri, Zidane) and reinvested in other champions (Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Nedved, Trezeguet). And then Del Piero, Baggio.
Today PL is certainly the closest it comes to Serie A. But Juventus is taking the right path again. Alongside the names you have indicated, I add Chiesa, Locatelli: you want to recreate a hard core.

Thank you for this memory: Juventus returned great from 94-95. A war machine that every 1-2 sold champions who wanted to leave (Inzaghi, Vieri, Zidane) and reinvested in other champions (Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Nedved, Trezeguet). And then Del Piero, Baggio.
Today PL is certainly the closest it comes to Serie A. But Juventus is taking the right path again. Alongside the names you have indicated, I add Chiesa, Locatelli: you want to recreate a hard core.
I hope Chiesa can stay fit cause he's a super player.

Locatelli will be even better next season.

“I had Bucci injured and Nista as reserve goalkeeper. We started the week on Tuesday knowing that we would have Gigi Buffon of the spring on the bench.
In early training I notice that this guy was unbeatable.
We bombarded him with shots and no one could score him.
Keep in mind that in that Parma, kicking on goal, there were people like Stoichkov and like Zola, not just any players but authentic champions.
So I said to Vincenzo Di Palma, my goalkeeper trainer:
"Are you seeing what I see?".
And he, who trained him personally, told me:
"Nevio, this one has superior qualities ... but he is only 17 and Milan is on Sunday."
In the evening I made the usual tour of the retreat rooms and stopped by him, looked at him and said:
"Gigi could be an important day for you this, I'm thinking of starting you as the owner".
He impassively told me:
"Mister I see you strange, where exactly is the problem?".
The problem was telling Nista that he would play the kid instead of him, but I knew I made the right choice. "

[Nevio Scala]

Source: sport virgilio

Gianluigi_Buffon_-_Parma_AC_1994-95.jpg

Back
Top Bottom