Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've heard this is done and dusted but they want to take him to a London barber to get his dodgy northern barnet sorted out first.

images

He could get some tips from Tripps

Jack Raymond Clarke is an English footballer who plays for Championship side Leeds United as a winger. He can also play as a forward.

Born: November 23, 2000 (age 18 years), York, United Kingdom

So he's full on English ..... certainly one for the future if not on the pitch then on the balance sheet ....

Are we expecting to be in the 1st team squad? Does he count as home grown?

I know fuck all about him.

Yes, he will play in the first team without question. On the subs bench initially and it'll just be a question of how well he does from there. I think he's a fantastic prospect personally and am delighted with the signing - a touch of the Waddles about him - You never know, but we could be talking about and a 40 or 50 million pound player in a couple of years.

Sorry Leeds fans, looks like we've mugged you off again.

Jack Raymond Clarke is an English footballer who plays for Championship side Leeds United as a winger. He can also play as a forward.

Born: November 23, 2000 (age 18 years), York, United Kingdom

So he's full on English ..... certainly one for the future if not on the pitch then on the balance sheet ....

Proper Bacon, eggs n' beans stuff. :tobyarm:

Last edited:
Yes, he will play in the first team without question. On the subs bench initially and it'll just be a question of how well he does from there. I think he's a fantastic prospect personally and am delighted with the signing - a touch of the Waddles about him - You never know, but we could be talking about and a 40 or 50 million pound player in a couple of years.

Sorry Leeds fans, looks like we've mugged you off again.

Thanks. 👍 Asked a few of my Leeds mates about him. They are disappointed to have sold him.

I haven't seen him at all because somehow they don't show Leeds matches here in the states...

Anyway, I watched the old youtube. I can't tell if he's really good or not. He reminds me a lot of Kane in how he dribbles, and he's a willing crosser, but it seems a lot of them never find someone on the other end. Definitely some potential in there, but I don't see him pushing anyone for their spot.

Thanks. 👍 Asked a few of my Leeds mates about him. They are disappointed to have sold him.

Most i've seen seem to think Shackleton will be a better player, but that may be 'sellers rationisation disorder' which we used to suffer from when we sold our best players back in the day.

I guess Levy knew what he was doing with Clarke despite the "£20m price tag" that was bandied about.

...But "PAY THE ASKING PRICE, YOU BALD CUNT!!!" is far more gratifying for the baying fan-masses tho innit.

Last edited:
I haven't seen him at all because somehow they don't show Leeds matches here in the states...

Anyway, I watched the old youtube. I can't tell if he's really good or not. He reminds me a lot of Kane in how he dribbles, and he's a willing crosser, but it seems a lot of them never find someone on the other end. Definitely some potential in there, but I don't see him pushing anyone for their spot.

To use NFL language, you're not often gonna be crossing into a specific"wide open" player, you cross into an area, ideally with some pace and whip, and it's a question of the forwards anticipating and making the right movements. It's a percentage game, the defenders have to win out every time, the forwards only once or twice.

This is a good video of him from just the handful of games he played prior to his health issue last season:

You see a well balanced player, with good touch, decent pace, an ability to beat a man and get into a positions to cross from dangerous positions, something we lack perhaps, with Son being the best we currently have at doing that. If you cross from far out the percentages are with the defenders because they are better set and have more time to react. If you beat a man and move closer to the byline the odds move more to the attacker.

He also shows an ability to use his left foot, again important as it makes him less predictable, as the defenders have to cover both the shot and cross options. He also looks like he has the physicality to play in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom