Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clarke's loan at Stoke is starting to bear fruit, since going there in January transfer window he's been involved in :
- all 12 games in Championship, starting 5 and off bench in 7 games
- played a total of 512 minutes - equivalent of almost 6 games
- yesterday was his first 90 minutes, previous starts have led to sub on 70/80 minutes (I'd guess not fit enough for 90 mins in Championship which is tougher than PL2).
- Two assists to date.

In the first half of the season had 8 PL2 games (664 minutes) with 2 goals and an assist along with 25 minutes in EL games and 25 minutes against Marine in FA Cup, following involvement in first team pre-season.

So he's starting to play a fair amount - at Leeds before he joined Spurs he's played 894 minutes with only 4 Championship starts and last season only 332 minutes in 2 poor loans.

Still 11 games to go with Stoke in Championship, so hope he gets a lot more playing time - and hopefully involved in a few more goals. Stoke are 9 points outside play offs, so unlikely to be involved in those.

Needs another loan next season, but he's definitely benefitted over the less than 2 months he's been at Stoke.

Jack Clarke (Stoke City)

Clarke got back into the starting line-up for Stoke at the weekend and he grabbed an assist in the 2-0 victory against Wycombe on Saturday.

The 20-year-old winger got 90 minutes on the left at the weekend, having played on the right for the Potters on the whole since joining in January.

The Stoke Sentinel handed Clarke a seven in their player ratings with the explanation: "Took the chance to run at defenders after being handed start on left wing. Neat cross for Souttar goal and set up Norrington-Davies and Allen late on."

In midweek, Clarke had impressed from the bench before being the victim of a refereeing howler as the man in the middle David Webb gave Swansea an injury time penalty. Andre Ayew converted it in the 96th minute after Clarke was adjudged to have tripped former Spurs man Kyle Naughton but replays showed the player tripped himself up.

The 20-year-old winger got 63 minutes on the left on Saturday in Stoke's 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

It is a new role for Clarke in recent weeks, having played on the right for the Potters on the whole since joining in January.

The Stoke Sentinel handed Clarke a five in their player ratings after the disappointing defeat with the explanation: "Got in a handful of crosses but ran into dead ends too often."

The 20-year-old winger got 63 minutes on the left on Saturday in Stoke's 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

It is a new role for Clarke in recent weeks, having played on the right for the Potters on the whole since joining in January.

The Stoke Sentinel handed Clarke a five in their player ratings after the disappointing defeat with the explanation: "Got in a handful of crosses but ran into dead ends too often."
Playing out left eh? Interesting. As for his ratings, sounds very much like a young player being played out of position- nothing to worry about.

That's a big shame as his loan at Stoke was turning out to be quite a success - wouldn't be the worse move in the world to go to another Championship loan at Stoke next season ?

That's a big shame as his loan at Stoke was turning out to be quite a success - wouldn't be the worse move in the world to go to another Championship loan at Stoke next season ?

I was fairly impressed with him, saw all his games at Stoke excepting one. Full pre-season with a possession-strong Championship club next season and we'll see a pretty good player on the other side. Hard to see him becoming a top level PL attacking player though.

Statistics at Stoke :

14 appearances including 6 starts vast majority at RW but 2 at LW, which is good to get a slightly more versatile player. Total playing time at Stoke 583 minutes with 2 assists to add to an appearance in both EL and FA Cup for Spurs

I was fairly impressed with him, saw all his games at Stoke excepting one. Full pre-season with a possession-strong Championship club next season and we'll see a pretty good player on the other side. Hard to see him becoming a top level PL attacking player though.

Last sentence is maybe premature atm, think I'd like to see how he fares with a full season at Championship level first.

But I'd guess only maybe one in three players at his stage get to be a PL player, so statistically you will probably be proved right.

Stoke were apparently very impressed with him and want to bring him back next season once healthy on another loan. That sounds ideal for all parties.

Stoke boss Michael O'Neill revealed the Spurs youngster had suffered ligament damage in his ankle and was due to return to the club this week.

Clarke, whose last game was against Derby County on March 20, has now confirmed that himself.

"Due to an injury setback, my time at Stoke has come to an end," the Spurs man posted on Instagram.
"Special thanks to everyone at the club for welcoming me in. All the best for the rest of the season @stokecity."

O'Neill said on Friday about Clarke: "Jack hasn’t gone yet but he’ll go this week. Unfortunately he won’t play again this season, he has ligament damage in his ankle. He had a scan yesterday so that’s disappointing

Season ending injury in the Championship... fucking cloggers!!

Bring him back to the cotton wool sanctuary of The Premier League...

"We'll take good care of you, Jackie Clarke, Jackie Clarke!"

I'm not saying he's a bad player but he was a Levy signing and has no future with us. I think the lad would have been better off staying at Leeds.

I can't give an opinion on this lad, as I honestly can't remember if he was ever given game time. You have to bow to the coaching staff's opinion as to whether he shows the required ability in training, but shouldn't he at least get a chance to show what he can do? Maybe the new manager, whoever that might be, will be able to utilise him for the good of the team.

I can't give an opinion on this lad, as I honestly can't remember if he was ever given game time. You have to bow to the coaching staff's opinion as to whether he shows the required ability in training, but shouldn't he at least get a chance to show what he can do? Maybe the new manager, whoever that might be, will be able to utilise him for the good of the team.
I watched him several times last season for Stoke. He's actually a very good footballer but miles away physically. Strength, endurance, durability all need to improve. Hope to god he can get a good loan this year and play 30+ Championship games like Skipp did and he can add a few goals to his game, he does have the ability.

Back
Top Bottom