Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all want to see these under 21s boys do well and push on to the top team but most of them will never be good enough. Ange isn't playing them because they are not better than Gil, PEH, Skipp, Lo Celso, Royal, Davies, Dier etc. Other PL clubs aren't offering them contracts to play for them either. I personally think it is better for their development to skip playing under 21s and go play against men somewhere. If Spurs want to push for titles they need to buy even better players than they have now, pushing Donley and co. further down the pecking order.

I've seen them all...... He's a ridiculous talent.
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

We all want to see these under 21s boys do well and push on to the top team but most of them will never be good enough. Ange isn't playing them because they are not better than Gil, PEH, Skipp, Lo Celso, Royal, Davies, Dier etc. Other PL clubs aren't offering them contracts to play for them either. I personally think it is better for their development to skip playing under 21s and go play against men somewhere. If Spurs want to push for titles they need to buy even better players than they have now, pushing Donley and co. further down the pecking order.
The current group is much better than the group that produced 5 England internationals.

Can't we take him on loan next season...?

Devine might be ready for a chance with us next season. Might also still be better off with another season on loan.

Donley has been in and around the squad but given that Maddison AND GLC were out and he didn't start a game, it's probably better for him to go on loan next season too.

Young players mature at different ages physically, some are ready for the prem at 18, some not until 22. Dele was ready at 18/19. Kane wasn't. Doesn't mean shit compared to where they end up as players in the long run.

Start giving some of the youngsters like donley a chance. Giving kane an opportunity transformed our team last time. Needs some players with some real hunger and desire to prove themselves and succeed on the pitch.

Start giving some of the youngsters like donley a chance. Giving kane an opportunity transformed our team last time. Needs some players with some real hunger and desire to prove themselves and succeed on the pitch.
100%. Trotting out dreary, basic shit like GLC, PEH and Royal who have zero legs and basic ability and effort. We deserve hiding after hiding

100%. Trotting out dreary, basic shit like GLC, PEH and Royal who have zero legs and basic ability and effort. We deserve hiding after hiding
I'd go so far as to say even starting 11 players like maddison,bentancur,bissouma even players like son I think need a shot up the backside and be shown what some real hunger and desire looks like. We're just soft as shit right now. No determination no pride no strength of mentality.

I'd go so far as to say even starting 11 players like maddison,bentancur,bissouma even players like son I think need a shot up the backside and be shown what some real hunger and desire looks like. We're just soft as shit right now. No determination no pride no strength of mentality.
They have ability though so putting legs and energy around them will help

Son is finished

You simply can't buy that....

However you CAN seem to buy everything else!!

I am hopeful that Donley will have a great career for us.
Son is better than him and will get us around 5 G/As in our remaining games.
Jamie has had a few minutes for the first team during the season and I can't say he did anything special.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom