January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1rkaxy.jpg

One thing I’ve noticed we miss in the first 2 games is a proper defensive midfielder. Winks is great at controlling the play, Ndombele is proper box to box but we lack someone to go into big tackles and read the play. Wanyama was great but his legs are gone.

With Sissoko hitting 30 and 2 years left on his deal I think that’s where we need to strengthen next.

One thing I’ve noticed we miss in the first 2 games is a proper defensive midfielder. Winks is great at controlling the play, Ndombele is proper box to box but we lack someone to go into big tackles and read the play. Wanyama was great but his legs are gone.

With Sissoko hitting 30 and 2 years left on his deal I think that’s where we need to strengthen next.

Sissoko is not a DM, so if he goes he won't automatically be replaced by a DM either

Not a whisper connecting Spurs to a DM last TW either.

Poch has input into the recruitment into Ours academy too and after 20 year old Marsh ( recruited pre Poch), younger players coming in are more 6/8 hybrids like Bowden and White who have clearly been selected because in addition to defensive stuff can pass - so imo Poch is more likely to continue to select the likes of Ndombele and Winks as a double pivot rather than buy a DM (and there are not too many world class ones of that around either, possibly because most top clubs don't play DMs any more)

So think you may be disappointed if you think Poch will recruit a DM

January signings are usually done as 'escape the drop' solutions by clubs in or approaching the relegation zone of their respective leagues. I cannot see us needing anybody by the time this window comes around but if for example, the likes of Dybala are still fed up and a really,really good deal can be done by our star haggler Daniel then by all means go for it. :thumbup:

You've still got Dier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom