January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
January prediction.

We sell Danny Rose early on.

Davies gets injured a few days b4 window closes; we are unable to sign replacement.

Harry Kane fills in at LB till the end of the season.

I don't think he adds enough to take up one of those all important attacking slots in the squad.

Dele, Lo Celso, Son, Lucas at present are the only ones I feel have enough quality to be at the level we desire.

I like Lamela's attitude but he cost us £30m and is on what £75k-£80k per week? For me it isn't enough value for money and I'd like to see that creative slot he takes up used on a bit of new blood. He's not a top four player, he's reached his peak and his time with us should be done now. Yes he will have good moments but I don't see how he will ever get better than he currently is so why not use that place to try and find the next Bale etc whilst we have the quality we already have for the first team?

He's had most of his success in a Spurs shirt against Europa League teams, that says it all to me about Erik so I'm fine saying thanks for the memories.

He's had most of his success in a Spurs shirt against Europa League teams, that says it all to me about Erik so I'm fine saying thanks for the memories.

As my old coach used to tell me; 3 points against a shite team is the same as 3 points against the best teams.

I don't think he adds enough to take up one of those all important attacking slots in the squad.

Dele, Lo Celso, Son, Lucas at present are the only ones I feel have enough quality to be at the level we desire.

Sure, he is probably not the required quality for a starting 11 spot; but as a squad player he is very useful (providing he can remain fit).

Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Woolwich don't have players of Lamela's quality and experience sitting on their bench.

Incredible....

I hear Vorm has been retraining himself as a defensive midfielder, so we've just pulled off a real piece of magic, bringing in a CDM just when we need him. Also, at a push, he might be able to fill in should we need a goalkeeper, though that is debatable.

ha. would they be sick of him already? would he have declined to the point of being ready to step down to a smaller club?
Anyway Juve don't need to offer anything, they'll just SWOOP in for Eriksen at the end of the season.

ha. would they be sick of him already? would he have declined to the point of being ready to step down to a smaller club?
Anyway Juve don't need to offer anything, they'll just SWOOP in for Eriksen at the end of the season.
I feel insulted by their offer, I'd have been much happier if they had just came in, agreed term with Eriksen, pulled our pants down and wanked into our soup.

Signing Bruno Fernandes is like priority D or worse to me right now. He has real quality and makes sense as an Eriksen replacement, but we need a RB, CB and DM far more than we need a Fernandes.

Signing Bruno Fernandes is like priority D or worse to me right now. He has real quality and makes sense as an Eriksen replacement, but we need a RB, CB and DM far more than we need a Fernandes.

absolutely but if we have the chance we need to take it. Either way the club has to realise money needs to be spent to fix up the team if we want to compete.

If we were, in theory able to sign Bruno Fernandes and Youcef Atal in January and we make do with the squad we have at present, it'll mean we can focus on the other priority areas of the squad once players like Vertonghen, Alderweireld etc move on in the summer.

It's tricky with a whole new defence required but we do still have the following defensive players we can field if need be:

Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies

Vorm, Sissoko, Dier, Tanganga, Sessegnon

Wanyama, Skipp, Winks

All have defensive elements we can use for the rest of the season so at present it isn't crucial we sign a CB, RB etc. If we are able to sign a player that fits the quality we seek at a time where that particular position isn't a priority, I still think we should go for it as one of the biggest beefs I have in the last few years is our lack of proactive dealings when it's clear trouble is ahead.

We had no Dembele replacement and it caught us cold, we have no Eriksen replacement and it's caught us flat footed this season and we had no Trippier replacement and it's hurt us this time as well. A top least the club has given Sanchez and Foyth a couple of season shows to bed in, which is all I want to see at a club like Spurs.

January prediction.

We sell Danny Rose early on.

Davies gets injured a few days b4 window closes; we are unable to sign replacement.

Harry Kane fills in at LB till the end of the season.
Probably not far off, we must be one of the only top clubs who sell before they've lined up a better replacement...leaves us open to being asked to pay silly prices as everyone knows we're desperate :levystare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom