January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on current personnel, who do you think our best CM combo is, Joe?

I don’t know. I can only think of who it shouldn’t be. If pushed probably Ndombele and GLC. Winks is a lightweight and I’ve never been fond of Sissoko. I don’t get the Skipp stuff, but I’m prepared to concede his value to the team in the face of more knowledgeable posters than myself. It really doesn’t matter what I think btw, we have an obvious deficiency in midfield.

Off the back of being slaughtered by BM too... That game was such a slap in the face.
And the absolute time for the players to respond. That was the point. Almost like the fake handshake that goes into smoothing hair
I don't have hair or internet skills

Think we should just pay the £30m for Piatek, even if he flops we'd be able to sell him for half of that in 2-3 years time.

It's got to be worth risking £15m and his wages.
I think we need a fox whether Harry is fit or not. My worry is that HK will get the hump with proper competition given he will be told that he can play in a CL contender for 400K a week.

I don’t know. I can only think of who it shouldn’t be. If pushed probably Ndombele and GLC. Winks is a lightweight and I’ve never been fond of Sissoko. I don’t get the Skipp stuff, but I’m prepared to concede his value to the team in the face of more knowledgeable posters than myself. It really doesn’t matter what I think btw, we have an obvious deficiency in midfield.
I don't know what you call it, but the 3-player equivalent of the double-pivot (where when one progresses, the other drops back) with Winks playing the deep-lying (safe passes) position. With one of the other two always being around to support him, I think that combo is pretty solid. So basically a fluid 3 with TN or GLC going forward, one at a time. In theory, Dier could play the Winks role, but Winks is more mobile.

We clearly need a DM type, but everyone knows that by now.

New managers, especially those of Jose's pedigree, can help certain fringe players realize that maybe their careers will be brighter at other clubs. No more maybes.

Feel bad about KWP, I feel like his development was ruined, but its water under the bridge at this point.
I gotta say im never usually harsh on players, and usually look for the positives - often find myself defending players on this forum - but with KWP, i really think his shit, pretty slow, way too small/lightweight for premier league and his positioning is often terrible - his a decent passer and crosser of the ball but there no way I think he will ever flourish at a big club

Forgot about Abraham. Who knew all these teams wouldn't have another striker on the bench.

:moursad:
Fuck him. Mick Channon when he scored but does it when he doesn't get the right pass. Like Dele. Dele who knows that he ain't got it but want to make Jose think that its the fault of others.

What I like about Berswijn. Sees a pass early - even before the receiver

Kante
Fernandinho
Rodri
NDidi
Fabinho
Kante is playing in an advanced role under lampard..he isn't playing as a DM, would've been more accurate to quote Jorginho or Kovacic but even they aren't DMs
Fabinho ? he has been the biggest flop in that liverpool side.
Fernandinho is playing central defence - and he isnt a DM like Kante

teams dont rely on a DM anymore, the makelele/scott parker/WAnyama role is outdated. 3-man central defence and ball playing defenders have taken over the role

Very few clubs play DMs? I mean, almost all of the most successful ones do. We also don’t play a three at the back, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

we should be aiming to play a solid-settled 3 combination in the back instead of trying to sign a DM, thats what i am getting at. Vertonghen is out of contract in a few months, where is his replacement - that is way more of a priortiy. if any of Sanchez-Toby-Tanganga catch a niggle, the season is over

Kante is playing in an advanced role under lampard..he isn't playing as a DM, would've been more accurate to quote Jorginho or Kovacic but even they aren't DMs

teams dont rely on a DM anymore, the makelele/scott parker/WAnyama role is outdated. 3-man central defence and ball playing defenders have taken over the role

You're talking shit again. Play a record.

Fabinho a flop?? what planet are you living on, he's been immense for them the past 18 months

And if the 3 man defence has taken over the role of a DM, why does literally no top side other than Inter play 3 at the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom