Jermain Defoe - He is you know

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing Defoe has been a professional footballer for 22 years now. He could make it to 25 years i reckon.
defoe.jpg

Just seen. A sad day but he’s done well to play on as long as he did. Glad he got to mop up a few trophies at the end. Will always remember the Wigan game and that season in general under Harry. We were so good to watch.

Top bloke all round.
Yeah a great professional and top guy , was always one of my favourites.

This was my favourite goal of his (odd I couldn't find a decent video of it). You really had to see it live too, there was literally nothing on, cut in between two players on the right brought out audible gasps, then what a strike.

This was my favourite goal of his (odd I couldn't find a decent video of it). You really had to see it live too, there was literally nothing on, cut in between two players on the right brought out audible gasps, then what a strike.

So many great goals, but that is the first one I think about when I think of JD.

Love him. He deserved more chances with England than he got.

An understated legend and comes across as a decent guy. Always remained professional, even through some tough personal times.
Enjoy your retirement Jermaine

Despite the chief goal-scorer mantle he held through much of his time with us; was never a fave of mine, but I've warmed to him more and more as the years have passed......

Top pro; seemingly a good guy and ingrained in the modern history of this club.

Nuff respect, JD!

Top player.
Watched his career closely from start to finish.
Thank for all the memories JD

81216ec54670d6b8e473b12c4cc83bbb--peter-crouch-tottenham-hotspur.jpg

PA-8056222.jpg

20170329-The18-Photo-Defoe-Bites-Mascherano.jpg

What a fantastic career and I hope that he enjoys his retirement.

He only played 7 games for Sunderland this season, but I am happy for him that he got to go back and retire there.

If there's any other club than us that can stake a claim to him, it's Sunderland.

Back
Top Bottom