Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Dad totally recovered from three, it was the fourth that left him paralysed down the left side, that was 7 years ago and he's still going.

Fair play to Sky, after years of ignoring Greavesie and banging on about Shearer, they've finally acknowledged who is the King of England's goalscorers.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...er-england-spurs-and-chelsea-striker-in-stats

They actually quote the' top of the Euro big leagues' stat, though could have also mentioned top of Div 1/Prem stats. But this is massive progress by the normally Prem-obsessed Sky, so well done to them :thumbup:

Great to see!

It's scary how close Ronaldo and Messi are though.

Encouraging news.

Ex-England and Tottenham striker Jimmy Greaves is out of intensive care after suffering a severe stroke on Sunday.
His family say the 75-year-old is able to sit up in bed, adding that while he is "by no means out of the woods there is room for cautious optimism."

Yep, I think Jim will lose his 'King of Europe' tag re league scorers during the next five years or so.

But no-one is remotely close to him in the 'King of England' stakes, and I hope Sky continue to realise it's Greavesie who leads the way in the top flight, not Shearer.
Only one player worthy really...

:kaneear:

Greavsie will ALWAYS be the King of goalscorers for me at any level!

Charlton may have scored more for England but he took a lot more games to do so!

Great news he is on the mend!

:akabusi:

Apparently Kane visited Jimmy Greaves in hospital this last week

"he's slurring, stopped dribbling and can almost form a full sentence".......said Greavsie

Stuck at garage waiting for bad news about my car & musing about how much Greavesie in his prime would be worth in today's market...it's actually mind boggling & I have absolutely no idea. £70,80 million? Maybe more.

When Greaves went to us, it was the second highest transfer in world football, AFAIK. (Imagine us paying that sort of money today, those were our glory days when we spent money the way that Chelsea and City can do nowadays).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_football_transfer_record

It would have been the world record a year earlier, but Suarez had just taken that.

So on that logic about £80m+.

Great news about Jim's recovery, hope he can have his Hall of Fame induction at long last some time soon.

Stuck at garage waiting for bad news about my car & musing about how much Greavesie in his prime would be worth in today's market...it's actually mind boggling & I have absolutely no idea. £70,80 million? Maybe more.
Think of Messi, but with Kane's heading ability. That's roughly peak Greaves. Easily 120+ million.

Some very good news to report:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/jimmy-greaves-update-200615/

The Club has today received the below message from the family of Jimmy Greaves, which we are happy to share with our supporters at the request of Jimmy's wife Irene.

'The family of Jimmy Greaves would like to extend their deepest thanks to Tottenham Hotspur for the lovely flowers we received when Jim was first taken ill. Special thanks to the Spurs fans that have responded with thousands of messages and good wishes. Jimmy and all the family have been genuinely moved by the depth of support shown by so many. Terry Baker has received in excess of 150,000 messages over the days since May 2nd and more than half are from Spurs fans. Jimmy is still recovering slowly and steadily and we are sure the love you have all showed him have helped him immeasurably. Thankyou all so very much.'

A World Cup winner with England in 1966, Jimmy is our record goalscorer with 266 goals in 379 appearances between 1961-70. He helped us win two FA Cups (1962 and 1967) as well as the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1963 during his time at White Hart Lane.

We continue to wish him the very best as he continues his recovery from a stroke.

Back
Top Bottom