Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose on Levy;

“I think it’s a great occasion to publicly thank my boss, my board, Mr Levy, the structure, everybody involved in the transfer window because what they did for the team was amazing,” said Mourinho.

“In such a difficult period where I always believed we would not be able to reach some of the targets, some of the needs, the club made an incredible effort and Mr Levy showed once more that when he wants and when he’s really involved, he is genius in the way he makes deals happens.

“I can only publicly thank them for what they gave to the team. And now is for me, my staff and the players to answer in a positive way and have a good season.”
I rate that. Rarely do you hear mourinho not caveat something to give himself an out.

but he’s put the cards on the table and totally accepted the next part is all on him

FairPlay

I rate that. Rarely do you hear mourinho not caveat something to give himself an out.

but he’s put the cards on the table and totally accepted the next part is all on him

FairPlay
Agreed.
He was also asked if he had got ALL his targets in the TW.

He answered "nearly", or something similar, I assume he was talking about Skrinier.

I think he should play hardball here. Why pay well over the odds for a player that won't be a regular starter? We're not desperate for this lad and can probably wait till January.

Swansea can take what we offer now or get nothing, keep an unhappy player and we'll take him in January for what we're offering now.

All depends on how high do we rate him really.
If we rate him high then I strongly disagree. As I mentioned earlier - he has been part of rock solid Swans defense up to now. If he keeps that up and will be one of the standout performers in Champo, he will be equivalent of Ben White - Brighton did not even consider selling him for 25 mil this summer.

It is not all about immidiate effect and just the fact "is he starting the biggest games right away or not" is not the only possible benchmark. You make it seem like we'd be paying 40 mil for him to put the regular starter position as a goalpost. But in fact it is more like Foyth kind of a deal, only this guy is physically suited for the league and is HG.

I hope we'll get this done for future sake.

Tall dudes from the lower leagues haven't always worked out for us. I still remember Calum Davenport unfortunately.

Any Swansea/Wales fans - how good is this guy? Is he quick/mobile enough to be a top PL centre back?

Tall dudes from the lower leagues haven't always worked out for us. I still remember Calum Davenport unfortunately.

Any Swansea/Wales fans - how good is this guy? Is he quick/mobile enough to be a top PL centre back?
He's got potential to be a very very good CB. Probably the most highly rated CB in the champo.

He's definately got enough speed and agility.

Back
Top Bottom