John Terry

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In an interview in the Daily Mail he said
“Although I’m used to dealing with Russian scum, Spartak were simply not willing to pay me enough money to assist me with my crippling gambling debts. A return to Villa Park provides me with enough cash to rent in the Birmingham area and to continue to rip off the management, players and supporters there.”

tumblr_lj5ymlO5Ul1qa0dxjo1_500.gif

Always been surprised to see him as the only Chelsea player to survive the coming of Roman Abramovich.

Even when he was always a very limited CB, I always thought they would replace him but no.

More than a bit of a cock but an unbelievably good defender and an even better leader.

As good as Vertonghen is and he really is, Terry at his best would have added even more goals and points to our tallies.

More than a bit of a cock but an unbelievably good defender and an even better leader.

As good as Vertonghen is and he really is, Terry at his best would have added even more goals and points to our tallies.

Can’t deny his qualities as a CB and a leader, but the guy is a total cunt. And that’s just how he comes across in interviews. If that’s his public image, he must just be a total wanker.

Depends too much on the system and rest of the team

Put Terry in some of our teams and he'd look shite just like he did when AVB had them playing crap.

Similarly put Jan in an expensive team where you can defend deep with fullbacks and defensive players who don't need to stray out of position too much because of the outstanding attacking talent which conjures up chances all by itself and I'm sure he'd also look better.

Terry is one of the greatest prem defenders though. His reading of the flight of the ball is one of the best we've ever seen. I won't argue that Jan is better. You can make a case for Terry easily.

That being said, how much of a cunt someone is matters to me when it's on that level.

This racist, full kit wanker*, mate bird shagging, Wembly tour tout, actually retired a few years ago ..

No one could forget his match stopping, 26th match manipulation contrived substitution with guard of honour.

Chelsea legend; no one could more effectively embody the <removed> chav racists.

*Shin pads included

Last edited:
Depends too much on the system and rest of the team

Put Terry in some of our teams and he'd look shite just like he did when AVB had them playing crap.

Similarly put Jan in an expensive team where you can defend deep with fullbacks and defensive players who don't need to stray out of position too much because of the outstanding attacking talent which conjures up chances all by itself and I'm sure he'd also look better.

Terry is one of the greatest prem defenders though. His reading of the flight of the ball is one of the best we've ever seen. I won't argue that Jan is better. You can make a case for Terry easily.

That being said, how much of a cunt someone is matters to me when it's on that level.

Nope sorry.

Terry was top notch. An objective view.

Racist or not, and he wasn't found guilty, the guy is clearly a bit of a helmet. That said, what a defender he was. One of the best of his generation, and a genuine great of the game. Would put his head where some players wouldn't put their feet, but could also play too.

Defenders like him, Puyol and Chiellini are/were a different breed.

Racist or not, and he wasn't found guilty, the guy is clearly a bit of a helmet. That said, what a defender he was. One of the best of his generation, and a genuine great of the game. Would put his head where some players wouldn't put their feet, but could also play too.

Defenders like him, Puyol and Chiellini are/were a different breed.
Get help.

Back
Top Bottom