Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently he's 6'2" (actually, all of our CB's are 6'2"), so I think he'll be fine in the air. Definitely skinny for a CB, but he's only 19. I was one of those who was hoping we would sign him so I'm glad he passed and tackled well yesterday. Also, is he two-footed? I thought he was right footed, but noticed yesterday that he took a shot with his left, so he must have decent confidence with his weak foot.

He’s certainly not 6’2, despite what’s reported (Dier is also billed as 6’2 when in reality he’s about 6’4) I’d say Foyth is a shade over 6......

Hugely impressed with him, looks like he’s going to be an incredible player for the club in the long term; what I will say now is he and Sanchez are (or at least should be) higher in the pecking order than Dier as central defensive options, and given Aurier and Davies can also do a job there, i never want to see Eric back there every again.

Looked very composed and calm on the ball. I look forward to seeing him being slowly introduced to the prem in the coming seasons but I don't think he will feature this season

Watching him in the WC he stood out.
Way ahead of his age group.
His passing, composure and ball playing are fantastic for a CB.

He can only learn from players like Vertonghen and Alderweireld, as Sanchez can too, and looks like he could be a first team CB in the next 5 yrs.

Imagine if we could combine him and Sanchez.
news-graphics-2008-_657091a.jpg

Was really impressed with how calm and composed Foyth was last night with the ball.
He has looked comfortable every time he's come onto the pitch so far.

I'd go so far as to say I'm shocked with our summer transfer business. Three foreign defenders... two very inexperienced and all of them have taken to English football like ducks to water. What a time to be alive!

I think he's going to be a real star Totti. Him and Sanchez with Sessegnon at left back would be unreal. Make it happen Levy, you know you want to

How far ahead are you looking. The only way Foyth and Sanchez will play together in Premiership is if Toby or Vertonghen are injured or sold and I want neither. They are both promising but nowhere near the standard or Toby and Jan.

I'm talking about th future. Hopefully way into the future should Toby sign a new deal and Jans legs hold up
It’s contingency planning. 3-4 years time and I see Sanchez & Foyth as Jan & Toby are now for us. Both will still be extremely young but with the correct (ie Poch) coaching & playing alongside/learning from these greats, they are our future. I just hope they keep progressing as they have been & don’t get ideas about “bigger & better things”. Also praying they don’t to a “Wimmer” on us & go totally off the boil.

Wasn't sold on the lad, but he has an 86 potential on FIFA 18 so now I'm on board.
:pochsmirk:

In all seriousness, he looks good. Far better than, say, CCV did in similar FA Cup matches. Was happy when we signed him (particularly given PSG's alleged pursuit), but didn't expect him to be this good this quickly. I don't think we're too far away from Foyth being suitable to play against lower-PL opposition, especially if we go for a back three again.

Cam down about the lad, he'll never be a player with that haircut......

Does Desmond's still exist??

Ps He's a fucking superstar in the making.......

Back
Top Bottom