Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

real feel good factor about this one.

had his heart set on us, rejected PSG (which may have meant more money) to want to play for Spurs and play for Pochettino.

Youtube vid I know, but looks the part. No nonsense defending/distribution.
Reads the game very well, crisp passer of the ball, can see why Poch has a hard-on for him.
Don't think he'll get that amount of time on the ball in the PL.

Youtube vid I know, but looks the part. No nonsense defending/distribution.
Reads the game very well, crisp passer of the ball, can see why Poch has a hard-on for him.
Don't think he'll get that amount of time on the ball in the PL.

He's got debut against Barnley/Derby in the League Cup written all over him.

Seems like he could be a better midfielder honestly. Maybe a bit slight for CB in this league. Would love to see him and Winks tried as a CM partnership.

Last edited:
We're seriously set at centre back for years now. Currently have Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sanchez as first choice. For cover we have Foyth, Dier and Wanyma + Davies (if we get desperate) and on loan with have CCV. We have never had players like this in defence, not in my lifetime anyway. Well done to Poch and Levy.

We're seriously set at centre back for years now. Currently have Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sanchez as first choice. For cover we have Foyth, Dier and Wanyma + Davies (if we get desperate) and on loan with have CCV. We have never had players like this in defence, not in my lifetime anyway. Well done to Poch and Levy.

I agree. They have secured this era and the next batch. I think Sanchez and Foyth based on their ball playing skills can learn so much from Jan and Toby as well as push them for first team action soon.

Next up for youth players for me is Sessegnon to understudy Rose and someone like Renato Sanches to understudy Dembele.

Our summer signings should always involve at least two of the most promising youngers globally moving forward so it's great to see our future was invested in. Just a shame we having found that stardust for the first 11 this summer as we were so close to tipping the scales

Seems like he could be a better midfielder honestly. Maybe a bit slight for CB in this league. Would love to see him and Winks tried as a CM partnership.
rio ferdinand was naturally slim. I would take him in front of Terry any day opf the week (ignoring the obvious, that John Terry is a cunt)

rio ferdinand was naturally slim. I would take him in front of Terry any day opf the week (ignoring the obvious, that John Terry is a cunt)
Yeh but he was still quite tall and range-y. But more importantly we lack someone with this boy's apparent footballing talent in CM. I can easily see him being converted into a midfielder since he wont be getting into our CB line up anytime soon with the other guys ahead of him; and we could certainly do with some fresh ideas in midfield right now. I don't want to get carried away but in that video he resembles something of a Sergio Busquets in the way he moves the ball around so effortlessly.

So we are done with CB comparisons already and it's straight to Busquets and Alonso. Ambition right there
I'm certainly getting carried away from some highlights, but that's just how desperate I am for us to sign someone who can pass the fucking football with some fluency!
He is still very young and we'll have to see him play a bit in this league to know what he is and isn't. He might just be a prospect for the future, for all we know, and there is every chance that he wont live up to his potential. So expectations back in check!

Back
Top Bottom