Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dodgy moment aside in the first half (Which was more down to a poor pass from Sanchez and Alderweirelds positioning), I thought he was excellent today.

A huge game against one of the best teams in Europe and he dealt with Pulisic comfortably, had him in his pocket all game pretty much. His use of the ball was excellent and as ever very very good on the ball. First start in the Champions League this season and this is the level he's at.

What a star this lad is going to be.
I've seen that ify moment back again and he was fouled by Pulisic, watch him run around him whilst holding onto him, takes him off balance (it wasn't a perfect moment for him as he turned the wrong way, not sure he knew he had 2 players on him, don't think he knew Gotze was there but it was a foul) @2:36

I've seen that ify moment back again and he was fouled by Pulisic, watch him run around him whilst holding onto him, takes him off balance (it wasn't a perfect moment for him as he turned the wrong way, not sure he knew he had 2 players on him, don't think he knew Gotze was there but it was a foul) @2:36

I thought that at the time.

I mentioned in the OMT that not only was it a poor pass from Sanchez but that Pulisic fouled him in too.

Got out-muscled and badly bullied yesterday, which I blame Poch for as he never should've been selected for such a game. He's not physical enough (yet) to cope with such opponents.
The lad has got some qualities for sure, but he needs to toughen up and beef up fast if he's gonna make it in this league. Personally, I have my doubts and feel maybe he'd make a better DM given his ball skills.

Was a liability at times yesterday but like his drives forward....where the fuck is Sanchez
Really we can't afford to have a 35million player like Sanchez be a bit part.
Not as good as Verts/Toby , surprisingly we spent this when other positions were crying out for upgrades .
Should have started over Foyth.

Not for me. Everything about him says "not a great CB". His physique - he's barely got any shoulders at all. He's got no composure either, he unsettles everyone around him. He should be a last resort option. If he's Alderweireld's replacement then we're in trouble.

Not for me. Everything about him says "not a great CB". His physique - he's barely got any shoulders at all. He's got no composure either, he unsettles everyone around him. He should be a last resort option. If he's Alderweireld's replacement then we're in trouble.
West Ham Cat Nonce strikes again.

Clueless jizzmop.

Car crash yesterday. Marooned on the right with Aurier and Sissoko for support. All three had mares.

He certainly needs more time but not his finest hour yesterday.

I can see no evidence that he could become a DM.

He'll get there. Just turned 21 was a 20 year old kid barely 6 weeks ago. Wait until he gets used to the league and watch what he becomes. I honestly believe he'll develop into one of the finest footballers in his position going, clearly he has all the tooks but he is still just a kid
Maybe he will get there. But in a match of such importance as yesterdays we need to be fielding players who've already got there.

Such a shame a manager of Poch's brilliance feels compelled to have to throw in such young inexperienced kids for such a crucial match.

Foyth's inept display was a major factor in killing of any lingering title hopes. Harsh, but true.

Back
Top Bottom