Keith Burkinshaw - The General

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Him leaving in May 84 really felt like an end of era and although we did ok the season after and then in Pleats season in 86/7 it was really the start of that decline that lasted until the mid 00's. Should never have been allowed to happen. Still our 2nd greatest manager.

"There used to be a Football club over there..."

He nailed it in '84.... we had a few false dawns after that, but we're never quite the same....
Took us a good 25 years to fully re-establish ourselves.. and even then, it felt half hearted!

Legend.

Happy Birthday.

And in that 1 photo he is holding as many European trophies that the gooners have won.

I remember Keith coming out onto the balcony at the Town Hall parade, after the City cup final. There was talk of Glen leaving . I don’t know how many people there but they was all singing ‘Make him Stay, Make him Stay’. It was deafening. Keith looked at Glen and pointed out to the crowd. In my mind, that is the moment that Glen decided to stay.

He should have a fucking statue.

Recent interview with Keith via the Spurs Show “A chat with the General”

Never knew that when Spurs won 9-0 Keith was not there. Bill Nic took the team.

Back
Top Bottom