Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sagna
Fosu-Mensah

Off the top of my head.

Not sure of the relevance of doing this though. He was Burnley's best player, he is our back up right back. So what?

Sagna is a starter when fit and not that great of a player anyway. Fosu-Mensah is an unknown quantity due to lack of experience.

The truth is Trippier is a very very capable right back who fills in excellently when Walker needs a rest. Our full back situation is the best in the league, where most teams don't have strong starting left and right backs we have four who can all do a job. Trippier hasn't made a costly mistake that I can remember since about half way through last season and has supplied a lot of good attacking balls when he has played. No idea why people would get on his back after doing such a solid job over the last couple seasons.

Janssen, Lamela, Son...it's what some here do best.

Twatter is worse, 19 year old kid Onomah has a very average game and gets abused heavily. If I was a footballer even a very good one Id have no Twitter account and certainly wouldn't look at forums.

I suppose the abuse Onomah got I felt was very wrong because firstly he is still basically a kid learning his trade (hence starting in the LC not the Prem) and he is a lifelong Spurs fan. Townsend was not good enough for us but I respect the love he had for the club and wish him well.

Sagna is a starter when fit and not that great of a player anyway. Fosu-Mensah is an unknown quantity due to lack of experience.

The truth is Trippier is a very very capable right back who fills in excellently when Walker needs a rest. Our full back situation is the best in the league, where most teams don't have strong starting left and right backs we have four who can all do a job. Trippier hasn't made a costly mistake that I can remember since about half way through last season and has supplied a lot of good attacking balls when he has played. No idea why people would get on his back after doing such a solid job over the last couple seasons.
I am NOT getting on his back. I said he has performed OK when called upon and I said he hasn't been a calamity. What's wrong with what I have said? He is average, which isn't bad for a back-up player.

What I really don't understand is why people are wanking over his crosses a good cross actually finds his man and results in a goal something he has only achieved once for us.

People who think he is better than average need to get down to the opticians. There is nothing wrong with being average, it's better than being shit. He is average.

Watching the highlights the camera panned to the Leicester bench and in the background you saw Trippier and his reaction was that of being pissed off we conceded either that or he thought, yes walker fucked up I'll get a game next week?

Watching the highlights the camera panned to the Leicester bench and in the background you saw Trippier and his reaction was that of being pissed off we conceded either that or he thought, yes walker fucked up I'll get a game next week?

Did Walker fuck up for the goal?

Personally I don't think so, although he was nearest to Musa and was caught on the wrong side, but having been on the offensive as Tottenham had the ball and we gave it away leaving him with a lot of work to do,would you not agree?

I think he's a very reliable player to have at the club, never complained about lack of first team football and he's played fairly good when he was called on. That's class if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom