Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's earned it.

Nothing but patience, perseverance, hard work and determination has got him where he is now. He was signed upon being relegated from the Premier League as a back up because he happened to be better than Kyle Naughton.

Since then he's gone from strength to strength. Went from 'He's got a great cross' to England's starting right back at a World Cup, scoring in a World Cup semi final and becoming a starting right back for a Champions League team competing at the top end of the table.

Fair play.

I agree although I wouldn't say "shit". He wasn't good for sure and yeh Shaw was owning him (which was partly down to Shaw playing wing back and Trips playing fb). Brilliant corner though.
Agree on the positions FB vs WB but he couldn't even make simple passes (not the only one), constantly miss-placing his passes giving back possession, losing almost every 1v1 and positionally was diabolical, he didn't know when to press or stand off, tackle or stand his man up (Rose was even worse). Loads of nuances to this of course as we didn't have control of the midfield which has knock-on consequences but shit is honestly the best word to describe that performance IMO. (also predictable as he was in a back 4, seen it all before. Let's play him as WB and play to his obvious strengths).

Corner was good.

I agree although I wouldn't say "shit". He wasn't good for sure and yeh Shaw was owning him (which was partly down to Shaw playing wing back and Trips playing fb). Brilliant corner though.
Don't wanna derail a tripps thread but shaw was excellent last night

From someone who has never rated him

About winning your individual battles tripps lost that hands down

Had an assist, could have easily had another if Kane hadn’t missed an easy header and played the most difficult pass in the play leading to our 2nd goal.

Not bad for a player who some say was shit.

One of 55 nominees for FIFA FIFPro World11 2018
The Best FIFA Football Awards™ - News - 55 names revealed for FIFA FIFPro World11 2018 - FIFA.com

Regarded by some as 'just Walker's back up) a couple of years ago to this - quite a change in perception. Oh and Walker's on the list too. As of course is Harry, but he's expected to be now he's no longer a 'one season wonder'

Thoughts Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 bus-conductor bus-conductor ?
Good for him and I'm delighted for him. (Well I think those are the words to be used, I must be honest there seem so many fucking "awards" these days I've lost track what what they are or mean, FIFA FIFPro, what's that??? Anyway if this is big and he's happy then I'm delighted for him, great a Spurs player gets selected).

I guess you are asking for my thoughts on Tripps, absolutely nothing has changed with me mate. I will change if I see something decent, more complete form of performance from him. I praised his England performances and hoped to see them replicated in a Spurs shirt, I don't think he has done this at all. His only chance to flourish is in a 3ATB formation, which at the moment we look shit at (although much improved from a defensive stand point against Watford, not the result obviously. I'm talking about the formation here not Tripps). I refuse to be stuck in a confirmation bias over him, if he plays well I'll applaud him for it, if he's good for the balance in how we play and look stylistically, I'll acknowledge him and give him plaudits he would deserve, I have always done this. Conversely, if he doesn't I'll say so.

Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen missing the list proves the list is a joke though.

As is the fact the likes of Dani Alves still gets on it.

Yup, agreed but '25,000 professional players worldwide' voted for it. Or did they ?!

Of course not.

The list and the team that usually gets picked is almost always a joke.

Probably the same idiots who omit Messi from the top awards and replace him with Salah.

One of 55 nominees for FIFA FIFPro World11 2018
The Best FIFA Football Awards™ - News - 55 names revealed for FIFA FIFPro World11 2018 - FIFA.com

Regarded by some as 'just Walker's back up) a couple of years ago to this - quite a change in perception. Oh and Walker's on the list too. As of course is Harry, but he's expected to be now he's no longer a 'one season wonder'

Thoughts Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 bus-conductor bus-conductor ?

My views on Trippier are well known mate, no point adding much. It won't do the boy's confidence any harm to be included in a list like this, but in the grand scheme of things these lists are often pretty dubious, so it won't really change my opinion of him one way or the other.

Wtf was he doing in the closing stages yesterday? 2-1 and we either need to keep the ball or just smack it as far away as possible....instead he chips a terrible pass straight to their player and sets up another counter attack.

Wtf was he doing in the closing stages yesterday? 2-1 and we either need to keep the ball or just smack it as far away as possible....instead he chips a terrible pass straight to their player and sets up another counter attack.
Almost everything they attempted, which admittedly was very little, came down their left (our right). I wonder why yet another team has decided to attack our right flank, game after game, after game the story is the same. What do other coaches see I wonder, a weak link?

Knockaert had him on toast and there was another of their players that sat him down on his arse with a lovely neat turn inside. And then there was that 1v1 moment aginst Kayal on 65/66 mins was pure Keystone cops. That was our biggest let off in the entire match, their best chance and should have scored.

Back
Top Bottom