Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but was Christian's last free kick goal for us about 2-3 years ago?

Can't see why Kieran hasn't moved right up in the order given his WC displays but technically is he not 1 for 1 with us now haha. Let him carry on. Or they can share and maybe he'll of made Eriksen more determined to bang one in now ?

That aside I thought he was fantastic today and while his final ball wasn't always on point he was a constant thorn in Fulham's side and , ok possibly due to 3 CB's , he didn't ignore his defensive duties while attacking to a point that we were clearly "exposed" down his side.

Love his down to earth demeanour as well. Top lad. Yet another reason for opposition fans to envy us

If anyone deserves a pay rise and the respect of the fans I reckon it's Tripps. The way he knuckled down when he was little more than a bench player for so long is really paying off for the lad. Always acted like a true pro determined to make the most of his chance at a big club.

If anyone deserves a pay rise and the respect of the fans I reckon it's Tripps. The way he knuckled down when he was little more than a bench player for so long is really paying off for the lad. Always acted like a true pro determined to make the most of his chance at a big club.
Completely agree, and honestly i know they are very different players, but I wouldn’t trade him for walker in a million years. He’s also confirmed that Aurier is a backup now for sure.

Step aside Erikssen there's a new boy in town. You've had your 3 seasons plus of taking everything and not scoring (and often not even coming that close).

I lost count of how many crosses he made....OK, some of them went astray, but they did cause problems to the Fulham defense. He should take all our corners from his side and definitely take a fair share of free kicks. He was fantastic today, lovely to see he is brimming with confidence.

I lost count of how many crosses he made....OK, some of them went astray, but they did cause problems to the Fulham defense. He should take all our corners from his side and definitely take a fair share of free kicks. He was fantastic today, lovely to see he is brimming with confidence.
As his biggest detractor on here I thought he had a good game. His crossing however was shit, very wasteful with only one of his well into double figures attempts finding a Spurs player, Davies crosses were far better but didn't get as far forward or have anything like the volume as Tripps. But I can watch him when we are 3ATB.

Stunning free kick and his corners have the right mix of pace and depth, hit flat which I also like (Lamela also does this).

He looked like a player 80% match fit ... and yet he was still top quality ... crossing was poor (by his standards) but he still got in the right position time after time .... adding the free-kick job to his CV has in my book put him above Walker ... never thought I'd be saying that ... well done son ....

Back
Top Bottom