Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trips was a good player but he was incredibly foolish to cover up his injury the way he did. It might have got him on the pitch for some CL matches but it badly affected his and the teams performance. He cannot blame the manager for having his doubts after that.

As for selling Dembele, we all agree with him. I’d gladly give back the £10m if we could have another shot at the CL final with him in the starting line up. Selling him mid season without replacing him was brain dead from the chairman.

Trips was a good player but he was incredibly foolish to cover up his injury the way he did. It might have got him on the pitch for some CL matches but it badly affected his and the teams performance. He cannot blame the manager for having his doubts after that.

As for selling Dembele, we all agree with him. I’d gladly give back the £10m if we could have another shot at the CL final with him in the starting line up. Selling him mid season without replacing him was brain dead from the chairman.
We did replace him, just not at the same time he was sold.

He had been wanting to leave for some time, he was done. We might have been honouring an agreement we had made with him whilst convincing him to stay on another season (at least).

Mousa literally went to both Levy and Poch and asked for a move as soon as possible because his body could not keep up anymore. I cannot be angry at him for wanting the move or at the club for doing good by him at the earliest opportunity.

L
We did replace him, just not at the same time he was sold.

He had been wanting to leave for some time, he was done. We might have been honouring an agreement we had made with him whilst convincing him to stay on another season (at least).

I get it, but with hindsight obviously it was a mistake that became a disaster with his eventual “replacement” being NDombele.

I’m sure that Mousa would have stayed if he had known we would play a CL final that season. But there was no way of knowing that our declining team would achieve that miracle.

L

I get it, but with hindsight obviously it was a mistake that became a disaster with his eventual “replacement” being NDombele.

I’m sure that Mousa would have stayed if he had known we would play a CL final that season. But there was no way of knowing that our declining team would achieve that miracle.
I get that too but one of the reasons why the team was declining was Dembele himself. Every single year his minutes declined significantly. When he went to China he was still injured and it was sometime before he was playing.

Ndombele was the most perfect replacement, not as good defensively but the better range of passing and similar numbers on dribbles (Dembele was unique, so no like for like). The issue is the manager, Ndombele is not the defensive wall that Jose has in his sides, he's far too attacking for him.

Mousa literally went to both Levy and Poch and asked for a move as soon as possible because his body could not keep up anymore. I cannot be angry at him for wanting the move or at the club for doing good by him at the earliest opportunity.
Ya the problem isn't that we sold Dembele it's that we didn't buy an adequate replacement the summer before.

We broke Dembele by not getting a replacement in sooner.

We literally had to throw him out there week after week when we knew his body couldn't cope anymore where it got to the point where at the age of 31, he left us. THIRTY ONE.

That's not old for someone who relies on strength, power and his close control.

Sadly, we are doing the same thing to Harry Kane.

We broke Dembele by not getting a replacement in sooner.

We literally had to throw him out there week after week when we knew his body couldn't cope anymore where it got to the point where at the age of 31, he left us. THIRTY ONE.

That's not old for someone who relies on strength, power and his close control.

Sadly, we are doing the same thing to Harry Kane.

His injury niggles (hip?) go back years; throughout which time he was in and out of Poch's team.

We've also mixed and match at CM with Hudd, Parker, Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho, Stambouli, Holtby, Carrol, Bentaleb, Mason, Dier, Wanyama throughout his tenure.

Maybe we were too reliant upon him in his last 18 months, but prior to that I don't think it's accurate to say we 'broke' him by overplaying him at all.

His injury niggles (hip?) go back years; throughout which time he was in and out of Poch's team.

We've also mixed and match at CM with Hudd, Parker, Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho, Stambouli, Holtby, Carrol, Bentaleb, Mason, Dier, Wanyama throughout his tenure.

Maybe we were too reliant upon him in his last 18 months, but prior to that I don't think it's accurate to say we 'broke' him by overplaying him at all.

He virtually didn't play at all in Poch's first season

If that's true surely the best result would have been to agree to let him go at the end of the season and in the meantime just play him sparingly. That rotation thing. 60 mins here. 20 mins there. Take a few weekends off.

This isn't me being wise after the event with the CL etc. Top 4 will always be hugely important and it was entirely possible that we'd qualify or miss out by the odd point or even bloody goal difference. Selling him and missing out narrowly, well I can only imagine the shitstorm here.

Back
Top Bottom