Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His time is now.

Must be tough for him having to compete with Trippier and Aurier and pushed out to left back to compete with Davies and Rose.

The fact he doesn't get any minutes with the U23s to stay match fit or wasn't sent out on loan is real stupid on Pochettino's part. Especially when he's not even going to get minutes in games like last night when it would have been the perfect time to give him minutes.

I'd honestly start him at the weekend. We can't run Trippier into the ground now that Aurier is out injured - especially after his diabolical Liverpool performance and how easy it was for March to destroy him at the weekend. Time to give KWP the ball and let him roll with it.

Aurier's injury is his opportunity. I'd very much like to see him given a good go. Unfortunately, the way Poch treats him, I can only see a lot of Trippier going forward.

Kyle Walker-Peters insists he is ready to step up and replace injured #thfc team-mate Danny Rose.

Walker-Peters: "Hopefully it is not too bad for Dan. If the manager at Tottenham needs me to play on the left then I am ready to do a good job. The gaffer knows what he is doing. I have faith in what he has planned for me and when he gives me my opportunities I have to continue to take them."

"He spoke to me at the beginning of the season which is good. He makes it quite clear that if you want to go and have a word with him, feel free to and question him. Jan sent me a great message, saying after I had signed my contract and all my hard work throughout the season, it showed in games. I guess it was because of the season I had. I did not play often but when I did get my opportunity I did quite well."

I still don't get how he doesn't get more minutes.

Plays both wings, both wingbacks and RB.
Agree 100%. FFS why couldn't he have played in the low-risk Watford League Cup tie? The match where Serge got injured and couldn't play in the Barça game - which was very high importance. Double Whammy if ever there was one.

Cannot understand Poch sometimes.

He might not even get a game v Wet Spam in the LC as it might be felt there's more riding on it (local pride, a round further on).

Agree 100%. FFS why couldn't he have played in the low-risk Watford League Cup tie? The match where Serge got injured and couldn't play in the Barça game - which was very high importance. Double Whammy if ever there was one.

Cannot understand Poch sometimes.

He might not even get a game v Wet Spam in the LC as it might be felt there's more riding on it (local pride, a round further on).

He will 100% play against West Ham - it's literally 2 days after Man City and 3 days before Wolves away. We'll even be starting the likes of NKoudou, I imagine.

The scenes if he does that and we lose.

Already stated my feelings on the matter - would love the League Cup and a good run, it's a nice early trophy and a few games gets you to the final but this year? Fuck it off.

A shame our new stadium has caused this and it'd almost be a small miracle if we ended up winning.

Back
Top Bottom