Lack of Pace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4H7NbRe.gif

You think Naughton is physically slow?

Mentally slow, but he's a fast player.

Bit harsh considering he has a bit of a point. Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson murdered us with their toward runs, we couldn't stick with them and we got killed in moments and the game was gone.

if you think a thread titled 'lack of pace' with some superfluous analysis about the fucking obvious is worth a thread then all power to you. Im stick of all these newbies joining up in the aftermath of defeats and being fucking melts..yeh we got killed by the pace of Liverpool but we got killed in every other aspect as well.

Looking at the game, as like last year, we lack pace in central midfield and defence. Anytime Liverpool attacked us today we never looked liked we'd get a challenge in. Liverpool on the other hand did. I just think we are going to struggle against any team who are direct with pace. The only time we have half a chance is with Kyle Walker in the back four though he alone isn't enough. It's early days I know but these are the same signs as last year, against the top team's we got bullied and out paced. There were two mistakes today which didn't help, the penalty was soft and then Townsend giving it away on the half way line, however how the left back managed to run half the pitch without a challenge from a centre half who knows. COYS
I kind of disagree about some of that. I don't think pace is the many issue in centre midfield. A centre midfield should be able to deal with attacks than using mere pace. Look at most of the centre pairings in the prem. You wouldn't pick them out for having 'pace'.

Being a good defensive mid is more about positioning and the ability to read the game.

Yes pace helps but its not one of the most important things.

If you want to defend against pace you need to be on top of the player before the player has the opportunity to travel. Close down the spaces for the player to run into. Its not about being able to run quicker or faster than them.

Sorry, I am not trying to be a football manager. Just my view

im just sick of all these newbies joining up and being fucking melts...I think the mods should introduce a minimum number of posts/likes before you can post your own thread. Admin Admin Thelonious Thelonious this could be a good idea..

How many would you suggest? If you have more 'likes' does that make you more knowledgeable?

This sounds like the 'I go to games so I'm a better fan than you' argument.

IIIIIII wouldddddd carrrrryyyy onnnnn typppppppiinnngggg buuutttttt I'mmmmm mellllltttttinnnggggg

How many would you suggest? If you have more 'likes' does that make you more knowledgeable?

This sounds like the 'I go to games so I'm a better fan than you' argument.

IIIIIII wouldddddd carrrrryyyy onnnnn typppppppiinnngggg buuutttttt I'mmmmm mellllltttttinnnggggg

it would mean you couldn't join and immediately post threads. Pretty self explanatory..would also stop a lot of the gooner trolls etc..100 likes or 6000 makes no difference..

*** Bump of an old thread to save paper****

Lack of pace in players, breaks, mentality . Our quickest players are our least skilful/sharpest imho which generally leads to blind alleys & no creativity. Do the scouts not take any of this into consideration? Then again our whole business model at the moment seems to be about plodding along .

Our only central defender with pace is the calamity Chiriches. None of our 250,000 central midfielders are quick. Townsend, Lamela, Rose & Lennon (guessing he is still slightly quick) the only quick players we have and they all have big deficiencies.

Our only central defender with pace is the calamity Chiriches. None of our 250,000 central midfielders are quick. Townsend, Lamela, Rose & Lennon (guessing he is still slightly quick) the only quick players we have and they all have big deficiencies.
Eriksen is pretty quick with the ball, and Dier might be our fastest CB, judging by some of his runs last night.

It's not really about the pace of one guy though. What we need is a fast tempo, and that will only with the team committing to Poche's system, and executing it properly.

Eriksen is pretty quick with the ball, and Dier might be our fastest CB, judging by some of his runs last night.

It's not really about the pace of one guy though. What we need is a fast tempo, and that will only with the team committing to Poche's system, and executing it properly.
Keep forgetting that that's actually his position. Will be really good to have him playing back there. If i remember correctly he played quite a bit as a DM for Sporting so he could potentially be the answer if Capoue doesn't wake up soon!

Back
Top Bottom