LET'S CHANGE THIS RULE.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
Starting this is to take my mind off of our current situation.

Which rules would you like to see change?

I remember when some said that not allowing a back pass to the goalkeeper would ruin the game.

I will start you off with a few of my favourite hates, then over to you.

Right no 1 PET hate is when a player takes the ball into the corner, just to waste time. Sometimes, having won a corner, they just stay in that corner. It usually includes one or more opponents kicking at the ankles of that player.

This should be a straight free kick to the defence.

Right no 1 PET hate is when a player takes the ball into the corner, just to waste time. Sometimes, having won a corner, they just stay in that corner. It usually includes one or more opponents kicking at the ankles of that player.

This should be a straight free kick to the defence.
If a player is "injured" and needs attention, he has to spend 5 minutes of the pitch.

No. 2 PET hate is behaviour at corners, bordering on cheating.
I suggest that no attacking player be allowed into the 6-yard box until the ball is delivered. This will stop the wrestling etc and assaults on the goalie.

I do think that they should allow a temporary substitution if a player suffers a head injury or other type of injury that requires a longer spell of treatment. Rather than stopping the game for say 5-10 minutes you can bring on a player off the bench and if they injured player is deemed fit to continue they just swap back.

Regular subs obviously not affected by this.

No 4.

Role of the 4th official. He should be the time keeper. Also he should only be contacted by the managers if they want clarification, not because they want to swear at someone.
If he kept the clock, maybe he would make allowances if teams were endlessly wasting time.

Injury time should be calculated properly they just make it up as they go along at the moment normally always much longer in the second half even if no injuries occurred in either half

I do think that they should allow a temporary substitution if a player suffers a head injury or other type of injury that requires a longer spell of treatment. Rather than stopping the game for say 5-10 minutes you can bring on a player off the bench and if they injured player is deemed fit to continue they just swap back.

Regular subs obviously not affected by this.
They are trialing this next year

Injury time should be calculated properly they just make it up as they go along at the moment normally always much longer in the second half even if no injuries occurred in either half
The guidelines are 30 seconds for a substitution and 30 seconds for a goal. There are usually 6 subs in the 2nd half so that’s 3 minutes right there.

I'd like it if the the rules were changed so that the team that scores the fewer goals in a match get the 3 points

I feel like we would really come into our own if this legislation was passed

The guidelines are 30 seconds for a substitution and 30 seconds for a goal. There are usually 6 subs in the 2nd half so that’s 3 minutes right there.

Fair point but I'm not convince by the way injury time is applied I'd like to see a study into it, it's certainly been abused to benefit certain teams in the past.

Back
Top Bottom