LET'S CHANGE THIS RULE.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No 4.

Role of the 4th official. He should be the time keeper. Also he should only be contacted by the managers if they want clarification, not because they want to swear at someone.
If he kept the clock, maybe he would make allowances if teams were endlessly wasting time.
I don't know why time keeping is taken out of the hands of the officials altogether - this is something that can be electronically done (as in rugby, I believe), on a clock that can be seen by everyone.

Allow a player to stay on the pitch, after he's had treatment.
The current ruling is just plain daft.
They can only do that if injury time is properly accounted for. Otherwise late on players will go down "injured" knowing they will get to stay on AND run some time down.

General rules I would say standing sections, no more advertising on kits, in club names or club stadium names. Call the cups whatever you like but the clubs are ours and we don't want to be pringles or nike.

As far as on the field, players should be able to take freekicks as soon as the ref blows for a foul rather than needing to ask if they can take it quickly or wait for a whistle. If an opposition touches the ball after the ref has blown they get booked for preventing a quick freekick. Would punish teams that crowd the ref after a foul or if you were fouled in a counter you could essentially continue the counter. No more waiting for the other team to organise a wall.

Last edited:
Injury time should be calculated properly they just make it up as they go along at the moment normally always much longer in the second half even if no injuries occurred in either half

Do what they do in Rugby League and stop the clock until whatever incident is done with and the ref then waves play on and the clock restarts

Last edited:
In light of Krul's shennanigans last night, players taking the penalty should walk around the penalty box and read letters from their mothers that they have tucked in their socks.

Shielding the ball without attempting to play it should be deemed to be 'obstruction' and an indirect free kick should be awarded.

6 seconds should mean 6 seconds - If the goalie keeps the ball too long he should be punched in the face by an appointed member of the opposing side - Dier, in our case.

'Handball' should be a deliberate action. If the ref gets it wrong sometimes I don't give a toss, if it's in our favour.

Any opposition player who I think is faking it should be kicked until he gets up.

Scrap VAR. It's shit.

**** me, I've time warped back to the 1960's, when the game was played properly.

Last edited:
Only the captain should be able to talk to the ref (vice captain if the captain is rolling around injured).

4 subs in a game. Why not? Maybe 5 or 6. It would add another dimension to the game and give managers greater scope to change things.

Another that has been mentioned would be orange cards.

All tactical fouls should be straight red. Have a problem with that? Don’t foul.

a yellow card worthy tackle that is also a tactical foul = 2 yellows.

Any defender fouling a forward back to goal 60 yards from goal with no attempt at the ball should be automatic yellow.

All tactical fouls should be straight red. Have a problem with that? Don’t foul.

a yellow card worthy tackle that is also a tactical foul = 2 yellows.

Any defender fouling a forward back to goal 60 yards from goal with no attempt at the ball should be automatic yellow.
Might as well make it basketball.

Back
Top Bottom