Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who are we going to get in that will replace them?

1. They want a purchaser that’s going to pay over £2 billion for the club.
2. If people want that new owner to come in (take on the bank debt of £500m) and spunk a load of cash on players after paying for the purchase of the club, who’s going to buy us?
3. There aren’t many people out there with that kind of money and willing to gamble it on a sports team.
4. If they do they’ll leverage us to fuck just like the Glazers at Man U. That’s where we will end up.

Unfortunately we are stuck with them. We just need to hope for some kind of change of circumstances at ENIC and see where that takes us I’m afraid. In the meantime, we need to hope that they start spending money again. We did used to buy players.

If they do they’ll leverage us to fuck just like the Glazers at Man U. That’s where we will end up.

Unfortunately we are stuck with them. We just need to hope for some kind of change of circumstances at ENIC and see where that takes us I’m afraid. In the meantime, we need to hope that they start spending money again. We did used to buy players.
The Glazers are evil ugly sponge lickers .
Incredibly they have won still over 20 major honors. 5 titles , a Champs league compared to Enics shit fest 1 minor .

Incredibly they have won still over 20 major honors. 5 titles , a Champs league compared to Enics shit fest 1 minor .

and with Woodward in charge! They are the biggest club in the world though which allows them to behave like they do with their financial strength. They do only spend what they generate like us. The Glaziers don’t put any of their own money in. If anything, they are worse than ENIC because they actually take money out the club. At least our owners don’t do that.

2. If people want that new owner to come in (take on the bank debt of £500m) and spunk a load of cash on players after paying for the purchase of the club, who’s going to buy us?
3. There aren’t many people out there with that kind of money and willing to gamble it on a sports team.
4. If they do they’ll leverage us to fuck just like the Glazers at Man U. That’s where we will end up.

This is a ridiculous attitude to have towards things and so defeatist, that's the level of brainwashing ENIC have accomplished here, they have made people believe we can do no better and that it's them or nothing else, possibly even something worse.

That's music to our owners ears right there, it's the exact mentality they want the supporters to have because it makes sure of the fact that they will never be turned on by the fans enmasse which means we are stuck with these fuckers until our fanbase finally has the lightbulb moment it needs (and since it hasn't happened yet, I don't expect it to happen ever.)

You are right about one thing though, they will hold this club to ransom for ludicrous sums of money, this is the price we are paying for this stadium and these facilities, an owner who will hang it over our heads and hold us hostage, fun times eh?

There are more than just a few billionaires in the world but it's looking likely that it's either going to have to be an American businessman that takes us on (possibly an NFL owner) or oil money.

This is a ridiculous attitude to have towards things and so defeatist, that's the level of brainwashing ENIC have accomplished here, they have made people believe we can do no better and that it's them or nothing else, possibly even something worse.

That's music to our owners ears right there, it's the exact mentality they want the supporters to have because it makes sure of the fact that they will never be turned on by the fans enmasse which means we are stuck with these fuckers until our fanbase finally has the lightbulb moment it needs (and since it hasn't happened yet, I don't expect it to happen ever.)

You are right about one thing though, they will hold this club to ransom for ludicrous sums of money, this is the price we are paying for this stadium and these facilities, an owner who will hang it over our heads and hold us hostage, fun times eh?

There are more than just a few billionaires in the world but it's looking likely that it's either going to have to be an American businessman that takes us on (possibly an NFL owner) or oil money.
I don't get how some say they are great owners who want what's best for us.
But also say if a buyer came along who would be willing to spend his own money to take us to the next level (which ENIC won't do), ENIC would hold us to random with a crazy selling price. They are in it for their own gain too sadly.

It’s not brain washing is it. It’s reality. I’m sorry it doesn’t sit with the levels of delusion that a new owner will come in and spend billions on the team after spending billions on buying the club. Think about it for a minute, how in the realms of possibility does that sound likely?

By all means if you have an example of it happening in the football or sporting world then please share it.

In no way am I an ENIC supporter, I’m just a realist who doesn’t live in the fantasy land of the ENIC out brigade on found on Twitter for example. If an owner comes along who can solve all these problems within FFP then fair enough. Let’s see it happen.

If people are serious about wanting change then I believe there is a very easy way to get levy paying attention.

Stop buying food and drink inside the ground. With the cash that they're pulling in it would make him sit up and take notice.

Personally I dont think that were there yet but I must admit the season has left a sour taste in my mouth.

We spent a shit load of cash in the summer to be fair to levy but it was after 2 years of pretty much spending fuck all (see chelsea playing the victims because they lost ONE WINDOW) so you could argue and please let's not as it's been done to death that the man who saw us through that period deserved far more time than he got with his 3 new players.

Then you have the replacement. A big name, certainly a winner but then it gets strange levy after hiring him then does an interview moaning about modern footballs obsession with spending and even top four.

So what does he want? I find the premise that you hire a notoriously demanding manager, one who needs absolute fortunes to succeed and then moan about spending money and keep getting him to pretend he doesnt want new players really really strange. And by the way Jose was pretending. You can tell by the way his already claiming son or moura cant play up front and his real reluctance to play youth. I don't think his changed whatsoever.

So if jose hasn't changed then levy has a decision to make. We need a rebuild. Its clear the new coach bounce is well finished. So we need a rebuild, pretty desperately.

I think before levy would have wanted the coach to introduce a couple of youngsters at least. But jose shows no signs of having any intention of that. See his shocking treatment of foyth. If only he was so clinical everytime aurier makes a mistake ..

So we could be looking at half a billion quid that's needed from a chairman who doesnt want to spend big and with this stadium already has a billion quid worth of debt.

I'm really worried. I can see this going really really wrong just at the right time to ensure that next season is also a right of. (Get to the end of the summer window and jose will realise just after it that he isn't getting what he wants. He then silks, we have a really bad start , he gets sacked and we start again.

I hate football

ENIC won't change so basically you are telling me we are screwed! I know it's not that simple getting new owners who actually will do what it takes to win stuff, but we must be an attractive proposition being a well supported team in London with a big new stadium, 5* training facilities & NFL partnership. Liverpool managed to get great owners & now look at them.

ENIC won't change so basically you are telling me we are screwed! I know it's not that simple getting new owners who actually will do what it takes to win stuff, but we must be an attractive proposition being a well supported team in London with a big new stadium, 5* training facilities & NFL partnership. Liverpool managed to get great owners & now look at them.

Yeah sorry!

Maybe things will change if something happens with Joe Lewis. No idea what happens ownership wise when he goes. Maybe he’ll leave his art collection to the club and that will pay off the stadium in one go with cash to spare!

It’s not brain washing is it. It’s reality. I’m sorry it doesn’t sit with the levels of delusion that a new owner will come in and spend billions on the team after spending billions on buying the club. Think about it for a minute, how in the realms of possibility does that sound likely?

By all means if you have an example of it happening in the football or sporting world then please share it.

In no way am I an ENIC supporter, I’m just a realist who doesn’t live in the fantasy land of the ENIC out brigade on found on Twitter for example. If an owner comes along who can solve all these problems within FFP then fair enough. Let’s see it happen.
what's more likely? enic sell or they get rid of levy? Pretend things were carrying on this downward trajectory on the pitch. Fans were heavily critical of levy & the owners & they felt they had to take some action. Wouldn't it be more likely they make levy a scapegoat & fire him rather than agree to sell the club?
Personally I don't think they care what the fans think & would just carry on as they were.

what's more likely? enic sell or they get rid of levy? Pretend things were carrying on this downward trajectory on the pitch. Fans were heavily critical of levy & the owners & they felt they had to take some action. Wouldn't it be more likely they make levy a scapegoat & fire him rather than agree to sell the club?
Personally I don't think they care what the fans think & would just carry on as they were.

If ENIC sell the club, I highly doubt it will be because of fan criticism. As long as it suits their business model (interpret this as you like), they will remain in charge. When they consider the time is right to sell, they will sell.

If people are serious about wanting change then I believe there is a very easy way to get levy paying attention.

Stop buying food and drink inside the ground. With the cash that they're pulling in it would make him sit up and take notice.

Personally I dont think that were there yet but I must admit the season has left a sour taste in my mouth.

We spent a shit load of cash in the summer to be fair to levy but it was after 2 years of pretty much spending fuck all (see chelsea playing the victims because they lost ONE WINDOW) so you could argue and please let's not as it's been done to death that the man who saw us through that period deserved far more time than he got with his 3 new players.

Then you have the replacement. A big name, certainly a winner but then it gets strange levy after hiring him then does an interview moaning about modern footballs obsession with spending and even top four.

So what does he want? I find the premise that you hire a notoriously demanding manager, one who needs absolute fortunes to succeed and then moan about spending money and keep getting him to pretend he doesnt want new players really really strange. And by the way Jose was pretending. You can tell by the way his already claiming son or moura cant play up front and his real reluctance to play youth. I don't think his changed whatsoever.

So if jose hasn't changed then levy has a decision to make. We need a rebuild. Its clear the new coach bounce is well finished. So we need a rebuild, pretty desperately.

I think before levy would have wanted the coach to introduce a couple of youngsters at least. But jose shows no signs of having any intention of that. See his shocking treatment of foyth. If only he was so clinical everytime aurier makes a mistake ..

So we could be looking at half a billion quid that's needed from a chairman who doesnt want to spend big and with this stadium already has a billion quid worth of debt.

I'm really worried. I can see this going really really wrong just at the right time to ensure that next season is also a right of. (Get to the end of the summer window and jose will realise just after it that he isn't getting what he wants. He then silks, we have a really bad start , he gets sacked and we start again.

I hate football
I already sneak my kettle chips in & don't buy food or drink in the ground. That's a tight ass thing not a point of protest. Some stadiums only let you take plastic bottles in if it's got no lid on it. So a little tip is to put your lid in your pocket when you're close to the ground & then tell them you binned it. Then put it back on once your inside. I know, I am a dodgy guy from the back streets.

If ENIC sell the club, I highly doubt it will be because of fan criticism. As long as it suits their business model (interpret this as you like), they will remain in charge. When they consider the time is right to sell, they will sell.
You get a sad regretful agree from me. I think they have & Will continue to put themselves first.

In the 15 years they’ve been in charge at Man Utd, they’ve done well overall. But remember they bought the worlds most successful and biggest club who were winning multiple trophies already. But they’ve leveraged them into massive debt and made the football side a lot worse.
So yes, an impressive list of titles, but not that impressive when you consider how good Man Utd used to be and how poor they are now.

You get a sad regretful agree from me. I think they have & Will continue to put themselves first.

Well, it's clear they see us as a bit of business. On the other hand, the argument is that if we're a business for them, then they might as well make us as profitable as possible, meaning they would also have to make some investments along the way. It is of course debatable what they consider as point where the risks outweigh the possible benefits.

So far, they had the argument of the stadium and we did spend during the summer. However, we are in a situation where we clearly need to make some investments in the squad and even though it's January, there are still some good players available out there. My expectation of them is to see some new players in. I will draw a line after the window is finished.

There is also the matter that we have brought in players that aren't too good to begin with. Money was spent on them, so a lack of investment is not the issue in such a case. The issue is our transfer strategy and how the targets are being identified.

Well, it's clear they see us as a bit of business. On the other hand, the argument is that if we're a business for them, then they might as well make us as profitable as possible, meaning they would also have to make some investments along the way. It is of course debatable what they consider as point where the risks outweigh the possible benefits.

So far, they had the argument of the stadium and we did spend during the summer. However, we are in a situation where we clearly need to make some investments in the squad and even though it's January, there are still some good players available out there. My expectation of them is to see some new players in. I will draw a line after the window is finished.

There is also the matter that we have brought in players that aren't too good to begin with. Money was spent on them, so a lack of investment is not the issue in such a case. The issue is our transfer strategy and how the targets are being identified.
Of course it’s a business! That seems to be the thing that confuses people. We may be fans of a football team but the entire operation is purely a business. Just so happens that the better the team does, the better the business does.

In all business, we must invest to grow, so we see a new stadium, a few new midfielders. Sometimes the business can afford to invest, sometimes it can’t. Sometimes it can afford it, but prices go up and investments become unsuitable. Sometimes businesses make a mistake and believe they can grow what they have an swear the assets a bit. They can work but can also fail.

There’s a few on here that live in fairyland, expecting an owner to come in with no thoughts on profit, no personal agenda and no terrifying human rights records. They then expect this non existent philanthropist to pump in billions into a transfer fund, somehow ensuring every transfer in works perfectly for us. All this whilst our competition just stand and look at us doing it.

They also believe in Santa and fairies.

Hey Johnny , fair points.
Investment brother has to be looked a little deeper. Our transfer strategy is to recruit mainly young prospects which will not put major pressure on the wage bill.
While the first 11 is demanding instant quality as most top successful teams do, Liverpool for instance ( top draw , keeper , central defender etc and also buy prospects)
The wages we pay overall hinder us .
Players that need 1 , 2or 3 years to bed in is ridiculous and damaging for any manager.
A balance is needed.

It makes even worse that our transfer strategy is a mess under them too. Really think levy should take a back seat at dealing with transfers. He has done very poorly over the last few years. He really struggles with selling players. So many we could have either got a good amount for or got the lesser players off the books but he somehow can't get the deals over the line.

Back
Top Bottom