Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You do realise that it’s the same season don’t you.
People acting like players are fucking half the price in the summer.....what, you think VVD would have cost 35M if they got him 5 months earlier?

Pathetic cop out from all these people who lost their shit last summer.....you gave up on the season and called it a write off over signings, yet 20 games later and you didn’t want signings.

Awwww you understand all of a sudden.....but in the summer the chairman was a cunt and should go. But now it’s ok to free fall into the EL and not sign a central midfielder when practically every cunt was injured and one player was sold.

Fucking clown
It's not that I didn't want them you moron, it's that I can understand that we players that can improve us aren't as easily available. Can you tell me that historically that there's done as much business in January as in the summer? Can you show me that as many high profile transfers happen? Please, just stop posting. All your credibility is gone and you've exposed yourself as a complete moron

I’ve changed my stance because Dembele was sold. He hasn’t been replaced.

I’ve always said replace or use the fringe players....GKN loaned out but not replaced.
Nothing odd.

Not like demanding the chairman’s head in August then not wanting him to sign players in January
You're from England, right? How can your reading comprehension be so poor

Sammy has been one of the best contributors to this forum for about 8 years.

You'd do well to remember that.

Without people like him here from the very start, you wouldn't have a forum to post on.
Can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not. Guess you haven't been on the forum all that long. You would have hated him a few years ago, he was the most negative poster on the forum

Can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not. Guess you haven't been on the forum all that long. You would have hated him a few years ago, he was the most negative poster on the forum
Been here as long as you.

Negative or positive, it doesn't matter. A forum dies without prolific posters. It's what a forum is for.

You have little contributions and it dies. Example being Oi Gorgeous.

You need Sammy's and Totti's and Salmon's etc.

Yup, all it takes is good faith and intellectual integrity. So easy even a left coaster can do it. (oh shit, did I just drop the tenor of our debate? My bad :allitongue:)

Yeah, don't want the 'flair'. Still will never and can't appreciate anything Cristiano Ronaldo does because of all his useless herky-jerky stepovers from 4 miles away from his defender during his ManU days. And before the rocket shot i would just be happy with him, as a nominal MF, to always have the ball in a position to make a pass instead of all the extra touches and dribbles he has to make in order get his body into positi...and the move is dead!

You and me both my 'legalized' brother. But more than the numbers i would prefer a rounded MF game as that would be more beneficial to Spurs and him in the long run. This is his 4th season with us and I worry that the goals/production stunted his growth as an all-around player. Think of how much Harry's game has grown in that time and how little Dele's has? Fingers crossed.

He definitely has killed movements with his slow ball movement, but he has also launched many attacks with his flicks and quick thinking. He has the mental part of the game that makes him better than some of the more physically and technically gifted players.

I also prefer him in a 433 midfield cause I think he has the tenacity and passing ability to start alot of our forward movements

Well put!

We've come to conclusion that he's the forum troll! Every forum has one.
Yet my only contribution is Spurs related....who’s the one taking it off topic and making it a cunt off?
I think you quoted me 30 times today.

I have listed players signed in January and you have used that list to claim in supports your view that players are only signed in the summer.

You’re either a troll or mentally ill

You're from England, right? How can your reading comprehension be so poor
I’ve read your views.
You are content with the January window while Spurs now fall into 4th behind Woolwich.
A team we were ten points ahead of after half the season and the summer window.

The window you thought was a shambles.
But now, it was ok to not address the squad when we had the chance to solidify top 3.

In January you are happy not to spend big, but in the summer you want the chairman sacked if he doesn’t spend big.

We knew Dembele probably couldn't last another PL season. The time to sign a replacement was summer 2018 not January 2019.

Summer not January window.

So if we signed his replacement in January we’d be worse off than we are now?

If we signed Ronaldo in January it wouldn’t help because it wasn’t the summer?
Are you a spastic?
Genuine question

Why?

You accept quotes you feel are true right?
But when you don’t, it’s just the gutter press

Either poch is completely incompetent and didn't feel his squad needed improving and could win trophies/top 4 with what he had

or

he had several names on his wish list, was given none of them by the board and delivered a public show of solidarity with himself and the board through his interviews. Take

Remember what happened to Harry when he didnt? Yes I accept quotes that are true, I also understand how
Whats shocking is people saying the summer window was a shambles but we didn’t need to put it right in January.

It’s the most nonsensical load of bollocks I’ve ever heard on here......right up there with:

“There is no such thing as urgency”

“Buying players is not spending money if you sell players”

“5th is better than 4th”

“Eriksen is playing well”

Takes some doing, but “we didn’t need to sign players in January because we should have done it in the summer” takes the crown.

Fantastic logic mate well done

Get it right! Look back at all our responses. You said the summer window was fine. And we only needed to strengthen in Jan due to wanyama and dembele not being fit. I did not say we "didnt need to sign players in January"

Any fool could see those players mentioned needed replacements and Kane needed backup and Toby needed replacing long term..everyone has an opinion on where we should strengthen...but EVERYONE knew that in the summer. Fyi that was before January. Hopefully that clears up your confusion although I doubt it will!

Been here as long as you.

Negative or positive, it doesn't matter. A forum dies without prolific posters. It's what a forum is for.

You have little contributions and it dies. Example being Oi Gorgeous.

You need Sammy's and Totti's and Salmon's etc.
If they're interesting, Sammy isn't. Could imagine he's scared off a few potential posters

I’ve read your views.
You are content with the January window while Spurs now fall into 4th behind Woolwich.
A team we were ten points ahead of after half the season and the summer window.

The window you thought was a shambles.
But now, it was ok to not address the squad when we had the chance to solidify top 3.

In January you are happy not to spend big, but in the summer you want the chairman sacked if he doesn’t spend big.
Don't think you're ever going to understand my point of view, you're either willingly ignorant or just very, very dumb. Just remembered that you've completely failed to address any of the posts made against your argument that the league table is a perfect reflection of a teams quality. Would you care to elaborate?

He definitely has killed movements with his slow ball movement, but he has also launched many attacks with his flicks and quick thinking. He has the mental part of the game that makes him better than some of the more physically and technically gifted players.

I also prefer him in a 433 midfield cause I think he has the tenacity and passing ability to start alot of our forward movements
Yeah, I hear ye but in the MF is where the most technical ability is needed not to mention defensive awareness. Neither of which he has or is likely to get.

take a look at this and there is no explanation for this touch. It is abysmal and it leads to a break where they could have scored if Salah wasn't so greedy. Toby did a decent job but didn't fully deny the passing lane (probably because he was concerned with salah's speed but he still should have denied the lane and forced the very 1 footed Salah to his right).

Can't embed so here's the link

I think people just don't see the very real harm his play has for us. And then don't realize what a fundamentally sound player would do in his stead. I'm thinking WAR type stuff here and does his play actually justify his position. A real MF knows that that is a place that you just cannot lose the ball there, under no circumstances. Last year there were multiple times he futzed around with the ball around the center circle and got dispossessed leading to goals. A real MF know you cannot lose the ball there and you sure as shit shouldn't lose it trying an unnecessary meg or other move. And if you do take the yellow.

Dele is 'comfortable' receiving the ball in 1 place and that is the left half-space. I don't know how that would help our MF.

Back
Top Bottom