Liverpool vs Tottenham - Sunday May 5th - 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this hate for Emerson is a joke. People were praising him earlier in the year when he was playing CB and RB. He's not a LB.

He's a good backup RB for us and we will need that next year with European games.

The last 25 minutes showed if we want it, we can surely compete. Which is a shame because I don't know why the lads have no desire to win games at this stage of the season. And against London teams, we were totally subdued, like they really don't care about rivalry games.
Not really. They subbed off their best midfield because they thought the game was done. That's the main reason for suddenly looking better. Don't kid yourself...

Ball control, dribbling, pace. - if we can have them all

Kulu may be better suited as a striker to be honest.
Richarlison - what ever happen to him
Sarr - work horse well always help as a DM
Bentacur - no creativity and can't hold on to the ball
Hojberg - good player without the players that he needs to work with, he will fit into Brighton quick passing but many a times he is passing for the sake of passing as if he wanna top laa percentage chart
Son - hell good shooter but isn't using it too much now, can't hold on to the ball

Otherwise we have average players
1. Van de ven
2. Romero
3. Porro
4. Maddison
5. Johnson
6. Vicario
7. Soloman

The rest i think we can consider selling

Huh? I believe Royal is a squad player at best.

My issue is with our FIRST TEAM players who people like you continually give a pass because you're so fixated on a beating up on a second string player being played out of position.

Heat needs to be on Porro and especially Bentancur for those goals today but the the mob are fixating on the chum rather than the fucking great white shark that is our real problem.

Ffs
People like me?
I don't give a damn whether a player is first team, a bench warmer or in the U21's.
If they are a catalyst for the chain of events for 3 goals we conceded then their performance was a shit show.
I don't feel the need to call out players irrespective of their performance - like the baying pack did for Winks, are doing for PEH, and are doing for.... Well, pick your victim.
Your childish reasoning that other players are to blame for not preventing a chain of events triggered when a particular player fucks up is nonsensical.

Richy isn't the player I'm moving on. 12 premier league goals and might have got 20 without injuries. He hasn't let us down and is an actual 9. Buy another by all means, but this is one of the few with fight and a set. Making Romero captain is also very important

All this hate for Emerson is a joke. People were praising him earlier in the year when he was playing CB and RB. He's not a LB.

He's a good backup RB for us and we will need that next year with European games.
then what the hell is he doing on the Left Side/LB? .. can't Radu play the LB?

Not really. They subbed off their best midfield because they thought the game was done. That's the main reason for suddenly looking better. Don't kid yourself...
Lol. Yeah they thought wrong, because it not done though because we were trailing by two goals with 15 mins to go. With some integrity from Tierney we could be given a pen and possibly they would be one man down.

Such argument of saying yeah we played better because their midfield was given the day off early is so flawed. So we are not allowed to win if by any chance we won it 5-4 because they were subbing in kids? Would Klopp's decision be questioned then? And yet they won it fair and square it's because they were better, not because our players were having such off of forms, while Ange was deemed naive in his tactics. But yeah I know if we even got to 4-4, media and our fans will still say the same thing that Liverpool took their foot off the pedal blah blah.

People just like to see what they want to see.

Of all the lowest moments in my life supporting Spurs, our club bringing the one person on here who has unshakeable joyous optimisim and positivity to the edge of breaking point has to be the worst.

I'm kinda like a beaten dog now so hardly notice the bad days any more, but hard to see you go through it mate. Run whilst you still can!
All of you here in the forum are to blame for the fact that I became this stupid Germanic and can no longer keep my hands off the Spurs.
It's an Addiction!

Flip through the "kickerApp" on Mondays to read all the rubbish again, watch the press conference, am devastated and then go to the preview for the next match day - it has to go on somehow!I have to thank you for having me here!

Fuck football! We love him!

I used to hate to see the season end but now I won't mind.

We'll beat Burnley and Sheffield and lose to City meaning they'll win the league and Arse lose out and fans will be happier by then because there's a cause for optimism, I know what football fans are like.

Last edited:
Ball control, dribbling, pace. - if we can have them all

Kulu may be better suited as a striker to be honest.
Richarlison - what ever happen to him
Sarr - work horse well always help as a DM
Bentacur - no creativity and can't hold on to the ball
Hojberg - good player without the players that he needs to work with, he will fit into Brighton quick passing but many a times he is passing for the sake of passing as if he wanna top laa percentage chart
Son - hell good shooter but isn't using it too much now, can't hold on to the ball

Otherwise we have average players
1. Van de ven
2. Romero
3. Porro
4. Maddison
5. Johnson
6. Vicario
7. Soloman

The rest i think we can consider selling
You'd consider selling Udogie and Sarr over Solomon?!.......🤷‍♂️

The last 25 minutes showed if we want it, we can surely compete. Which is a shame because I don't know why the lads have no desire to win games at this stage of the season. And against London teams, we were totally subdued, like they really don't care about rivalry games.
Oh god…

I knew this would happen. Score two goals against a sleeping Liverpool side and fans would actually think we might be good.

Oh god…

I knew this would happen. Score two goals against a sleeping Liverpool side and fans would actually think we might be good.
The goals we scored actually made me angry yesterday. Felt like token gestures.
Left the house at 9 am,8hr round trip,£200 down due to ticket,food and booze and home at 11:30 to get two goals,battered,had to watch Royal then had to watch skipp at left back(he wasn’t terrible) a front three that are incapable of creating anything until the opposition switch off.
A lot of the talk is about Ange just now but some of these players are playing like cowards. They need to take responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom