Looking ahead

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose
Davies
Doherty
Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela

All definitely have to go.

Ideally need upgrades on
Toby
Sanchez
Lloris
Aurier

And need to work out what to do with Dele. May find with a new coach we get the old Dele back,

Sell or fuck it, give away:
Doherty
Dier
Sissoko
Winks
Dele

would listen offers:
Aurier
Sanchez
Davies
Lamela
Bergwhin
Lloris (out of respect)

Vinicius could buy but not more than 15-20M what Benfica won’t entertain

That solves a part of the problem
The ONLY problem that can be judged objectively is Mourinho. To take aim at a specific player(s) is utterly futile as the context around said player is that he's playing for this cunt of a manager. The context being said player could have been chucked under the bus, not picked in the squad or put on the bench. Being asked to play shit passive football, being asked to play in a game plan that hands to an initiative to the oppo, make the oppo look like prime-Barca and us like a small inferior team scared to get on the ball.

Until this passive, boring, coward excuse of a manager fucks off out of Tottenham only under the fresh eyes of what I hope will be a progressive forward-thinking/playing manager can we truly understand the dynamics brought to the team by the individuals that make it a whole.

e.g I think Doherty is crap, but maybe the new chap pushes him up into a WB role and gives him some confidence and he then becomes a key player for us??? I think Sissoko is a hugely limited player but maybe the new bloke can get him to spot and track runners and/or make him feel confident enough out on the pitch so he can show for the ball?

Whilst he remains we judge our players on how they play without the ball!!!! And in the handful of games we are forced to play with the ball because Mourinho doesn't have us train with it, they don't know what to do with it when they have it.

This is a very good squad (yes there are some that each of us doesn't like) but this cunt has now got everyone thinking it's shit when only two/three months ago those same people said we're going to win the League!!!

The ONLY problem that can be judged objectively is Mourinho. To take aim at a specific player(s) is utterly futile as the context around said player is that he's playing for this cunt of a manager. The context being said player could have been chucked under the bus, not picked in the squad or put on the bench. Being asked to play shit passive football, being asked to play in a game plan that hands to an initiative to the oppo, make the oppo look like prime-Barca and us like a small inferior team scared to get on the ball.

Until this passive, boring, coward excuse of a manager fucks off out of Tottenham only under the fresh eyes of what I hope will be a progressive forward-thinking/playing manager can we truly understand the dynamics brought to the team by the individuals that make it a whole.

e.g I think Doherty is crap, but maybe the new chap pushes him up into a WB role and gives him some confidence and he then becomes a key player for us??? I think Sissoko is a hugely limited player but maybe the new bloke can get him to spot and track runners and/or make him feel confident enough out on the pitch so he can show for the ball?

Whilst he remains we judge our players on how they play without the ball!!!! And in the handful of games we are forced to play with the ball because Mourinho doesn't have us train with it, they don't know what to do with it when they have it.

This is a very good squad (yes there are some that each of us doesn't like) but this cunt has now got everyone thinking it's shit when only two/three months ago those same people said we're going to win the League!!!
I dunno about you, but for me, the decline has been going on longer than Mourinho.
This doesn't mean hes innocent. It just means the problems run deeper.
It's like ripping out your bathroom and then being happy with the empty shell of a room you're left with.
Needs new furniture and a project manager.

I dunno about you, but for me, the decline has been going on longer than Mourinho.
It's like ripping out your bathroom and then being happy with the empty shell of a room you're left with.
This precisely.

It's disingenuous to pretend that the downturn started the day Jose arrived.

Which is why I'm hesitant to give the shit players under Poch and Jose more time to be shit under a new manager. SELL.

This precisely.

It's disingenuous to pretend that the downturn started the day Jose arrived.

Which is why I'm hesitant to give the shit players under Poch and Jose more time to be shit under a new manager. SELL.
It's worse than that, I suspect any new manager that wants the job is likely to tell Levy he can get them playing well. Which will just prolong it. Possibly even leading that that coach going and the next one doing it. Dier Winks and Sanchez are still quite young!
There are TV Commentators who watch every one of our matches and yet most of them seem to have never actually seen the games.
For instance, when we get a direct free kick and they get excited, they seem to be completely and utterly unaware of the fact we never, ever score the bloody things.
Or (until quite recently) how they were all signing Wink' praise. Plenty of it when you're just yelling at the TV because they're talking crap.

For me the issues were a team that went flat under Poch, this is not an uncommon thing in football, it's actually becoming more acute under high-pressing teams if they are not refreshed enough (take a look at Bielsa, Klopp, Pep (at Bayern) & Hasslehurtle teams for reference). You make a change in the manager because the team is no longer performing under them and the aim is that the new guy (Mourinho) changes the dynamic and there should be improvements seen.

We have brought in TWELVE players in the past 2 seasons (Sess, Clarke, Ndombele & Lo Celso under Poch). Handed 2 new contracts to two players that were 100% leaving, specifically to build his defence around! The manager was highly vocal and complimentary about the transfer activity. Fans were 90% (rated the window at least 8 out of 10) complimentary about the transfer activity.

There has been NO uplift in how this team plays, there has in fact been a significant decline!!! He still doesn't know his best team. The team is fractured, with a significant number of them not playing for him. We are shit to watch. The team can't put into play what he claims he is asking them to do. We haven't beat a team placed higher than 10th at the time of playing them!! I know what our "identity" is but the manager is telling us that it's not actually our "identity", even though it has been his "identity" of all of his teams he has managed.

If we stick with him, he will continue to signed 28yr olds (or hand them new long term contracts). He will also sign his profile of players, for his "style" of football.

The players are good and under a better manager, we will be performing better than we are now. I'm not for one second suggesting we shouldn't sell, I have my personal dislikes within this team, but until we know what type of team we are building, what style of team we are, it's utterly pointless saying 'X', 'Y' or 'Z' should stay or go.

A classic example is Sissoko, in a Mourinho low block team I can see his value, but I think he is (and has always been) one of the biggest problems that prevent our midfield from having any dominance and control when in possession and thus how we look stylistically (shit).

Back
Top Bottom