Lyon at home. 1882 game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Block 34 if you want a good sing, few cocks bought in that block, doesn't have to be an '1882' to have a good sing, that's the point of the movement!

We assumed it would be a quick selling game. Bolton and Woolwich u21s are the next two 1882

I don't want people to see this as a criticism but maybe less is more when it comes to 1882, I noticed last time there was definitely an upturn in anti 1882 sentiment.

Too much of a good thing and all that.
Yeah inclined to agree with this.

I agree it's going a bit too fast. I think it needs to be eased in so people get used to it and feel it's run of the mill. Doing it too frequently not only reduces the impact, but I also think that it generates less turnout. I think a lot of people, when it comes to things like the youth games, will just think to themselves "well, if there's gonna be four of them I won't go to this one, I'll go to one of the later ones".

Plus, there's a lot of moaning gits out there who are convinced they are being lectured about how to be a fan. Might be worth going a bit softly, softly on them to start and let it gradually build up. In theory it shouldn't matter, but since not everyone is on the same page I think occasionally the opposition from some fan circles is worth considering.

And also, there's no point having an 1882 event to a game where the match will most likely be sold out.

How about a youth or woman's game instead?

I wouldn't be able to go or anything, but I co-sign the women's game suggestion. They get virtually no support from the main fanbase despite being a significant part of the Tottenham organization.

One part of me would applaud the effort, but another part of me would just laugh.

One part of me would be very *ahem* up for it.

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

I wouldn't be able to go or anything, but I co-sign the women's game suggestion. They get virtually no support from the main fanbase despite being a significant part of the Tottenham organization.
They are not really are they? The Youth team are interesting as there is potential that they will move up to the first team.

The womans team is just PR we have stuck our name on it, has very little to do with Spurs.

The mens game didnt become the huge deal that it is overnight. It grew organically picking up fans over decades. I don't like how Womens football are calling for equality when in fact they are talking about hand outs.

I think the major difference between the Womens and the Youth game, is that no matter HOW many Womens' games you go to, you're not going to spot our next promising #9 out of the ranks of hopeful wannabees... point is, if Ollie Modeste ever plays football again and turns out to be a Spurs superstar, we can all say 'we were there' at the beginning of his Tottenham journey... the same can't be said for the Women's team!

Agree that currently the movement Is in its infancy and will gain more advocates by getting them to come and enjoy the non first team games, get to know other like minded fans and then naturally translate the ethos of 1882 into their behaviour at first team games

I don't see how people can get annoyed at trying for an atmosphere at a sodding football match? Unless you're singing patronising songs to the people not joining in, I don't see an issue.

Back
Top Bottom