Man City ban overturned.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The least surprising thing ever

What is the point in FFP or bothering with a ban in the first place?
You always know it will get overturned

It's genuinely fucking evil, killing people, using them as slaves, yet the more clubs they buy to more people will 'like' the owners and what they stand for
To be fair, it's what the 'Great' British Empire (other Empires are availiable) were built on for generations!

But yes, this is a footballing equivalent!

Total disgrace and just basically proves FFP is a joke it's no fault of UEFA they tried there best but CAS obviously can be bought and have just basically made UEFA and FIFA powerless.

Money talks and Man city just killed all hope of leveling the playing field

UEFA have no real control, everyone knows how corrupt they are, only a matter of time before a super League starts, teams in other leagues won't be happy City can do what they want with their money and want out
They're part of the corruption - look at Platini, etc

Show is run by the sponsors and betting companies - rest are muppets to facilitate the media process, etc

Meh might keep United or Chelsea out (hopefully United, a strong United is bad for us they'll come sniffing)

Well maybe now we'll see us flex our financial muscles as one of the Top 10 richest clubs in the world with our owner being worth £4.3 billion and us having 0 major honours and a squad that's been in major need of a cash injection for 20 years now....

...or maybe not. ☹ #ENICOut

Does this mean we WON'T qualify for the EL now??

To be fair, I wouldn't want it through default... but at least we won't have the ignominy of qualifying having finished in the lowest league position in history!

Does this mean we WON'T qualify for the EL now??

To be fair, I wouldn't want it through default... but at least we won't have the ignominy of qualifying having finished in the lowest league position in history!
EL places still likely to drop to 7th given league/FA cup winners so we've got a good chance. Not sure what the permutations are if Wolves/Man U win EL though...

I wonder if City will further appeal the 10m Euro fine?

I'm mean, if they are not in the wrong here then surely they will want the record set straight......or will they be absolutely delighted with the outcome and never mention this ever again......

I'm mean, if they are not in the wrong here then surely they will want the record set straight......or will they be absolutely delighted with the outcome and never mention this ever again......

That part of the fine was served because they failed to assist UEFA adequately from the start. It’s not in relation to the FFP offence directly.

Maybe they should appeal it though as they’d probably get £10m plus 6 additional points at the start of next season.

The fine was upheld for the club hindering the investigation. Not for any wrongdoing against the rules as laid out. It wouldn't surprise me to see them fight it, but it's less likely that they'd get the result they are after in my opinion. And I'm not even sure where they can go after CAS? European Court of Justice?

Back
Top Bottom