Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester City have spent a *billion* pounds on footballers

Weve gone there with 4 academy players (im counting Rose in that) and got a point

That is all

Shearer's theory was just that "no one appeals for it"

It's only the 2nd game with NEW rules though, so the players probably haven't even caught up with whats happening to instinctively react.

Totally agree. I recall someone not knowing about the uncontested drop ball rule last week and having to have the ref explain it......getting old...cannot remember who it was :thumbdown::thumbdown:

The amount of whining from the pundits today is unbearable. Everyone is playing under the same rules.

Also, the deflection is the only reason Jesus is on the ball, otherwise it would have probably been cleared out.

Totally agree. I recall someone not knowing about the uncontested drop ball rule last week and having to have the ref explain it......getting old...cannot remember who it was :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Also re: new rules....

Didn't Lamela get a yellow last week under the new rules that you have to leave the pitch from the the nearest point?

Aguero certainly didn't yesterday.

(Dumb rule anyway... Just us a stop watch for subs....)

Last edited:
When it comes to waist, no other club comes close:

Newcastle-fan-belly.jpg

Well if I was the geezer on the right I wouldn’t just sit there smiling while my missus behaved like that in public. :pochshock:

I don’t know what to take away from the match yesterday. Early in the season, key players not available, new signings still getting up to speed. Hardest match of the season on paper, and we got a point/stopped City from getting all 3. I doubt we setup the same way in February on the return leg.

I think it’s fair to question Poch’s tactics while also recognizing that everything is not going to be settled until after the international break. Let’s see how he sets things up at Woolwich. I don’t think Eriksen will start that match as I think Madrid are buying him. Hopefully he are setup to utilize the talent that wants to be here.

Fuck me am I reading this right?

We have just taken a point off the best team in the country at their place and the post match comments have taught me....

1. Poch's tactics were shit
2. Kane was shit
3. Ndombele was shit
4. Eriksen was shit
5. Sanchez was shit
6. KWP was 'ok'

I could go on.

Tedious.

And then these cunts have the gall to call people that actually support the club 'happy clappers' etc. Fuck them.

And then these cunts have the gall to call people that actually support the club 'happy clappers' etc. Fuck them.

I don’t mind a happy clapper.

But most of those happy clappers are happy calling players like Dier Champo cunts.
They happy clap Poch, Dele, Kane and Eriksen and don’t give a fuck about anyone else in the squad.

So they can take their fake positive vibes and shove it up their arse

You being serious? If we set up shitly and play a bit shitly against city at their place we get a fucking hiding. Not a point.
It was a masterclass even though it looked ugly.
Give your head a wobble pal.
I am happy with the point even though they were way better than us. Masterclass is taking it too far. Give you a head a whack with a sharp object.

I enjoyed the game,was watching it in the Red cow in Cheshunt. End of a long day though,so maybe drink clouded my view. They had most of the play,and chance,but we hit back when we had ours ,so quite proud of us . As for their 3rd goal. As the rules stand,it was a correct . Complete bollocks but those are the rules. They way we went to sleep,to allow the goal in the first place is worrying. The game ends when the ref blows up,it has always been thus,ffs.
Happy with the result though. What's not to like ,a drawer against the best team in the land and coming from behind twice.

I don’t mind a happy clapper.

But most of those happy clappers are happy calling players like Dier Champo cunts.
They happy clap Poch, Dele, Kane and Eriksen and don’t give a fuck about anyone else in the squad.

So they can take their fake positive vibes and shove it up their arse

I just don't understand people that find any excuse to find a negative in an otherwise positive situation.
We came away from yesterday's game with more than what just about anyone else will all season.
Who gives a fuck if we ride our luck?
Life's short and full of shit. Enjoy the good fortune when yet get it rather than whinging about how it could have been better.

Back
Top Bottom