Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
not in love with this one but he's free so cannot complain. Interesting to note he has Champions League experience under De Zerbi, and has even scored against Real Madrid

What’s going on everyone? Here’s a video detailing everything you need to know about Manor Solomon in under 4 minutes for those interested. I didn’t expect Tottenham to be doing such intelligent business following last season’s debacle, but this is very much a welcome surprise. Hope you find it useful!

Is he any good ? I can’t remember anything about his spell at Fulham.

Get Zaha on a free and sell Gil and I’d be happy with the width of the team.

Decent squad player. Good age. Didn't set the world alight for Fulham obviously but it was his first season in the Premier League and he should be fully adapted now to the Premier League and living in London.

Scored a couple of cracking goals last season for Fulham, I'd imagine he's a decent squad player and most likely willing and happy to be at Spurs ( should it all go through)
I'm OK with this as its a free.

Seen him live at Fulham vs Sunderland early this year and was really impressed.
Talented player, quick, tricky, technical, visibly a level above the rest on the day.
I think it's smart business as Maddison back up.

It's strange how being 'free' somehow makes this a decent signing . So if we'd had to pay for him he wouldn't be a decent signing :roflmao:

The mental gymnastics really is off the scale this summer. Its ike getting those disappointing pants and socks for Christmas that you feel obliged to feel grateful for.

It is what it is guys. Another cheap punt. Or free punt in this case.

Progress?

It's strange how being 'free' somehow makes this a decent signing . So if we'd had to pay for him he wouldn't be a decent signing :roflmao:

The mental gymnastics really is off the scale this summer. Its ike getting those disappointing pants and socks for Christmas that you feel obliged to feel grateful for.

Progress?
Yes but this deadwood is free!

Progress?
'Free' is a nonsense term. If you don't pay a transfer fee for a player, you will be paying him far higher wages.

It’s a club signing.

Nobody has a fucking clue how he’ll get on here. But with our elite scouting and recruitment I know where my money would go if I had to bet on it…
:levylol:
My elite scouting, Google's AI, Bard made this analysis of him, in the role of a football scout.

Sure, I can help you with a player analysis of Manor Solomon. Here is my assessment of his strengths and weaknesses as a football scout:

**Strengths:**

* Dribbling: Solomon is an excellent dribbler, with the ability to beat defenders one-on-one with ease. He is also very good at creating space for himself and his teammates.
* Passing: Solomon has good passing range and vision, which allows him to create chances for his teammates. He is also capable of delivering accurate crosses from the wing.
* Finishing: Solomon has a good shot on goal and is capable of scoring from both inside and outside the box.
* Defensive contribution: Solomon is not afraid to put in a shift defensively, and he is capable of tracking back and helping out his fullback.

**Weaknesses:**

* Height: Solomon is relatively short for a winger, which can sometimes make it difficult for him to win aerial duels.
* Physicality: Solomon is not the most physically imposing player, and he can be bullied off the ball by stronger opponents.
* Decision-making: Solomon can sometimes make poor decisions in the final third, which can lead to wasted chances.

Overall, Manor Solomon is a talented winger with a lot of potential. He is a good dribbler, passer, and finisher, and he is also willing to work defensively. However, he needs to improve his physicality and decision-making in order to reach his full potential.

Here are some additional thoughts on Manor Solomon as a football scout:

* He is a versatile player who can play on either wing or as an attacking midfielder.
* He is still young and developing, so there is room for improvement.
* He has a good work ethic and is willing to learn.
* He is a good fit for teams that play a possession-based style of football.

I would be interested to see how Manor Solomon develops in the next few years. He has the potential to be a very good player, and I think he could make a significant impact at a top club.

Last edited:
'Free' is a nonsense term. If you don't pay a transfer fee for a player, you will be paying him far higher wages.
That may very well be the case for highly coveted players who are running their contract down specifically with a view to a monster contract at a superclub but Solomon is cancelling his to get out of Ukraine, I doubt very much he's gonna be on silly money.

That may very well be the case for highly coveted players who are running their contract down specifically with a view to a monster contract at a superclub but Solomon is cancelling his to get out of Ukraine, I doubt very much he's gonna be on silly money.
Maybe not silly money but Shakhtar always had a pretty big wage budget and he's fairly hot property. It's not like it would've been just us and Fulham in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom