Martinez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How does he keep doing? I don't think the he gets the recognition he deserves...

If they had Defoe I reckon they'd be mid table easy.

_pictures_kylereese_1.jpg

You still don't get it, do you? Wigan will finish 17th. It's what they do! IT'S ALL THEY DO! YOU CAN'T STOP 'EM! THEY'LL WADE THROUGH BOLTON, BLACKBURN, QPR, & VILLA, REACH DOWN, AND PULL THEIR FUCKING HEARTS OUT!

BTW, results like this affirm why I've been on the Martinez bandwagon since his Swansea days. The guy gets the job done.. Be built the foundation for the Swansea revolution, and he's kept Wigan up while trying to play football on a shit budget. You watch them stay up again this year too. The players love him and I'm curious to see what he'd do with a squad like ours.

They have some proper average players too.

I just think if he manages to keep that squad up its a massive achievement

Playing proper football with a team like that is a real achievement ,if that Victor Moses dude had the footballing brain to match his ability they would have been saved by now ...

Been a massive fan of Martinez since his Swansea days...got no chance of ever taking Wigan above about 14th/15th as any player that improves is sold to balance the books. Was pleased he stayed there re his loyalty but would like to have seen what he could have done with someone like Villa. Deserves a chance at a bigger club with some more resources regardless of how this season ends for him imo

I just ask myself how much the likeability factor plays a role in the appreciation for him , he is a superbly decent and correct bloke that will always remain positive and never looks like he is going to cave in or go all Mourinho on the ref

After the Chelsea game , he should have physically abused the ref and all non chavs would've understood why , but he kept his composure. If it was Wenger , he'd have complained untill christmas.

Belgian Spur said:
I just ask myself how much the likeability factor plays a role in the appreciation for him , he is a superbly decent and correct bloke that will always remain positive and never looks like he is going to cave in or go all Mourinho on the ref

After the Chelsea game , he should have physically abused the ref and all non chavs would've understood why , but he kept his composure. If it was Wenger , he'd have complained untill christmas.

didn't he call the linesman's performance 'disgraceful'?

Blanchflower said:
Belgian Spur said:

It was disgraceful, the referee agreed after watching it back and apologised. The question kept being put to him. If you watch the interview he was incredibly calm and tried to talk about his players' performance instead.

Blanchflower said:
Belgian Spur said:

Yeah but you can call it like you see it and still not lose your composure and dignity , there is a big difference (see Wenger and King Kenny)

And more importantly , he always takes responsability and gets on with the job.

Didn't he get offered the Villa job or a similar club last season and turn it down? Vaguely remember something like that happening.

Manager that oozes class and gets the respect he deserves around Wigan. I think we should seriously look at him as a replacement for if/when Harry goes.

Back
Top Bottom