Match fred: Stoke (h) - the Garth Crooks derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One other thing from last night, and this is just from my perspective.

My mate and I was sat next to a couple of lads from the west country.

One was a large chap who wasn't really a spurs fan, but the guy he was with was a lifetime spurs fan with Aspergers, and it was his birthday treat to be taken to WHL and watch a live game.

Recent weeks have given us perspective in all sorts of different ways, but they had a six hour round trip and stayed with us right to the end.

When VDV scored down our end, and we knew we (probably) wouldn't lose all I could feel was happy that these guys hadn't made all that effort not to see the place erupt when a goal final goes in, and that they had a fantastic memory to take back with them.

Am I pissed that we didn't win? a bit.

But I was more happy that we didn't lose, and that the last five minutes will be replayed in these guys memories forever.

And they fucking loved it!

tricky said:
One other thing from last night, and this is just from my perspective.

My mate and I was sat next to a couple of lads from the west country.

One was a large chap who wasn't really a spurs fan, but the guy he was with was a lifetime spurs fan with Aspergers, and it was his birthday treat to be taken to WHL and watch a live game.

Recent weeks have given us perspective in all sorts of different ways, but they had a six hour round trip and stayed with us right to the end.

When VDV scored down our end, and we knew we (probably) wouldn't lose all I could feel was happy that these guys hadn't made all that effort not to see the place erupt when a goal final goes in, and that they had a fantastic memory to take back with them.

Am I pissed that we didn't win? a bit.

But I was more happy that we didn't lose, and that the last five minutes will be replayed in these guys memories forever.

And they fucking loved it!

Shit. Sorry for the neg rep mate. Clicked the wrong button.

:defoe:

the sombre pre-match Muamba atmosphere soon changed when it turned out OUR players weren't as motivated to 'Win for Muamba' as ArseAnal's were (he WAS their player after all... lest we forget!)
Whilst our players show the genuine human emotion of allowing Saturday's shocking events to actually AFFECT them... ArseAnal's AUTOMANS are pre-programmed to VIN AT ALL COSTS REGARDLESS OV ZE HUMAN EMOTION...

we lost two points last night because we're human beings with feelings... not 'cos we're programmed robots viz a manager who vill pay ze FA vat it costs to vin ze game!

ARSEANAL MAKE ME FUCKING SICK TO THE CORE!

1882 said:
the sombre pre-match Muamba atmosphere soon changed when it turned out OUR players weren't as motivated to 'Win for Muamba' as ArseAnal's were (he WAS their player after all... lest we forget!)
Whilst our players show the genuine human emotion of allowing Saturday's shocking events to actually AFFECT them... ArseAnal's AUTOMANS are pre-programmed to VIN AT ALL COSTS REGARDLESS OV ZE HUMAN EMOTION...

we lost two points last night because we're human beings with feelings... not 'cos we're programmed robots viz a manager who vill pay ze FA vat it costs to vin ze game!

Can't really blame the defeat on the Muamba incident, sorry if you ain't, but we played how we did against Stoke, the same against Everton and Man Utd.

1882 said:

Our players are very mentally fragile - any excuse not to perform and they take it

I can see us losing to Bolton out of some form of sympathy

Utd would batter them 5-0 and shake their hands after.......

TBH I'll take feeling and emotion over business and heartlessness every day. But we had better beat Chelsea, the game over Bolton is really second to that - does that make me without feelings?

Big up to tricky for that story tho, everything in perspective once again. Thanks.

Stoke fans = wank.

Change of subject I know but just felt like sharing it. Didn't sell out their end so we got the lower tier. Tend to think of Stoke fans as the 2nd best in the country after us of course but they were so poor until they scored I was embarrassed for them. And they are inbred.

AlMacca_ said:
Stoke fans = wank.

Change of subject I know but just felt like sharing it. Didn't sell out their end so we got the lower tier. Tend to think of Stoke fans as the 2nd best in the country after us of course but they were so poor until they scored I was embarrassed for them. And they are inbred.
They were also shit when I went up there for the CC on a tuesday earlier this season..

"Where's yer famous, where's yer famous, where's yer famous atmosphereeee, whereeee's ya famous atmosphere?"

Back
Top Bottom