Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-20111108014703752-000.jpg

people thinking we can easily upgrade. go watch the highlights vs everton. his decision making and weight of pass is very very good. think he gets a lot of unfair slack which is strange, could understand if he was shit but hes far from. maybe the stuff he does just goes over a lot of heads.

people thinking we can easily upgrade. go watch the highlights vs everton. his decision making and weight of pass is very very good. think he gets a lot of unfair slack which is strange, could understand if he was shit but hes far from. maybe the stuff he does just goes over a lot of heads.

He was objectively bad for a lot of the season, but something clicked later on and he became instrumental in our play. It's a testament to his work and Conte's direction to turn it all around so much.

That said, his stuff before wasn't going over anyone's heads. It was just bad.

I don't think "slack" means what you think it means fella.

That Everton game came during a very good run. If he played like that across an entire season I don't think anyone would want someone else coming in. The problem is that it's a colossal risk to trust that he'll play at the level he did for less than a handful of games for an entire season.

Conte's system & coaching helps, but he's not a magician. Doherty has fundamental limitations in his game.

Well happy for Doc if Conte gets him back to where he was before the injury. If he had seen out the season as he was playing, I would have that song on loop in my head.
The squad seems so together now and confident.
we are going to be so fucking hard to beat plus we have the sharpe end that is the envy of world football.
If Conte was in the race for he Tory top job, I would even vote for him. Sort out everything in one closed season that fella

He was objectively bad for a lot of the season, but something clicked later on and he became instrumental in our play. It's a testament to his work and Conte's direction to turn it all around so much.

yea he was poor when nuno was in charge but who wasnt. when he got a run as an actual wing back, in an actual system, he thrived. people wanting him out are fucking mad. hes a key ingredient in the system conte wants to play.

them performances he put in before he got injured, emerson could never in a million years muster up, doesnt have the intellect or weight of pass to do it.

The Irish weren't built for that level of humidity. I spent a period in Japan some years ago, July/August was nearly the end of me.
As a history nerd, I sometimes wonder about how the fuck the British managed to conquer a quarter of the world, most of which was far hotter than Japan.

I'm of South Asian descent, but even I was struggling when I went on holiday to Kerala, I'd be soaked through just walking from my hotel to the local market. I even managed to get sunburned.

The world in 1800s would have been crawling with sunburned and dripping wet Brits who were as red as their bright red uniform, getting into all sorts of... shenanigans.

Thought Doherty was a great example of how well Contes fitness regime worked. Under Nuno, Doherty, after putting in many below par performances, to me , looked every bit the tired journeyman footballer ready for pastures new Further down the footballing ladder .... Within..?? Weeks/ Months of HARD intensive work,at a quess i'de say, of the type/intensity the squad hadn't seen.... since poch... He gained a yard and overall looked in far better shape, and became the player that he was at wolves... And to me forced his way into becoming our 'go to' wing bac... Thought he did well even as a fill in on the LHS ...and after injury was a miss.. and from what I saw pre injury, I will be surprised if he hasn't a significant part to play for us next season ..

As a history nerd, I sometimes wonder about how the fuck the British managed to conquer a quarter of the world, most of which was far hotter than Japan.

I'm of South Asian descent, but even I was struggling when I went on holiday to Kerala, I'd be soaked through just walking from my hotel to the local market. I even managed to get sunburned.

The world in 1800s would have been crawling with sunburned and dripping wet Brits who were as red as their bright red uniform, getting into all sorts of... shenanigans.
What time of year did u hit Kerala? .. varkala? And those beaches further along the coast...just Double wow...

Playing in the correct position obviously has helped

What time of year did u hit Kerala? .. varkala? And those beaches further along the coast...just Double wow...
Sometime in August I think, I was in Kananagad (northern Kerala). We were there for a wedding, and it was a further inland up in the mountains so no beach tours. The Kerala christians have some amazing churches sitting on the various peaks of the hills.

Hiked one of the trails, sweaty as fuck, but eating the curry in some mountain restaurant and drinking Indian tea at the end of it was unreal.

Sometime in August I think, I was in Kananagad (northern Kerala). We were there for a wedding, and it was a further inland up in the mountains so no beach tours. The Kerala christians have some amazing churches sitting on the various peaks of the hills.

Hiked one of the trails, sweaty as fuck, but eating the curry in some mountain restaurant and drinking Indian tea at the end of it was unreal.
Wow sounds great .. Indian weddings sound immense ....I've done the regular bac water trips and had a look up and down the coast pretty standard tourist stuff ... you went . Bang in the rainy season... I've Only caught the very tail end of one ... But as you say sticky as fuc...and the wooosh!!!
Yeah totally Get the church thing...think if you miss the spiritual side of India ... You miss India..I stayed in a huge yoga ashram for a few months on the Nayer dam in kerala . Which was amazing
And I swam in it daily, Once you got over that there were supposedly escaped crocodiles in it!!!... Swims were an absolute godsend.. anyways nice to chat...

Matt Doherty on his Spurs future and Conte's training

🗣 "I don't know if there will be any teams fitter than us. This is hard, the hardest pre-season I've had. It's not like anything I've done before".

"My plan is to stay and fight for my place. We've got an exciting season ahead. Why would I want to go anywhere else?".

Back
Top Bottom