Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If pie charts had any real meaning, then Aurier is one of the best and most productive full backs in the PL.
On the pitch though....
He is one of the best and most productive fullbacks in the PL. Unless you don't believe in statistics.

I'm almost relieved that he may leave, just so you all will shut the fuck up moaning about him and turn your miserable little attention spans to someone else that doesn't deserve it.

I suspect Lucas will be next.

What’s amazing that with all his awesome stats we are having troubling selling him. I mean he clearly is available, there aren’t a ton of great RB options and yet nobody seems to want to buy him.

it’s almost like football is more than just numbers and has something to do with what you actually do on the field.

What’s amazing that with all his awesome stats we are having troubling selling him. I mean he clearly is available, there aren’t a ton of great RB options and yet nobody seems to want to buy him.

it’s almost like football is more than just numbers and has something to do with what you actually do on the field.
Serious question: Besides Ben Chilwell, who just went to Chelsea for £50 Million, what other top level fullbacks have moved this window?

He is one of the best and most productive fullbacks in the PL. Unless you don't believe in statistics.

I'm almost relieved that he may leave, just so you all will shut the fuck up moaning about him and turn your miserable little attention spans to someone else that doesn't deserve it.

I’ve always rated Lucas and have the January 2018 posts to prove it

nice try though

Serious question: Besides Ben Chilwell, who just went to Chelsea for £50 Million, what other top level fullbacks have moved this window?

Hakimi comes to mind.

what does that have to do with Aurier? If he’s one of the best in the EPL and clearly available why aren’t teams jumping for him? Especially when you can get him for 20 m.

Like you said Chilwell went for 50, one of the best FBs in the EPL should be easy to move for less than half that.

This is massive news, signing a player that supports another club? I’ve never heard anything like it.
Every other club in the premier league only signs players that are avid fans of the club.
All woolwich’s players have supported Woolwich all their lives, Aubameyang, lacazette, Pepe, all huge Woolwich fans. It’s so important who any new signings support..:mourfacepalm:

Already covered it but here’s a quick re cap:
If Chelsea had signed Doherty, then he’d be the better one, because otherwise what would we have to complain about.
And if we had signed Chilwell you’d be sucking Levy off - be consistent at least

And if we had signed Chilwell you’d be sucking Levy off - be consistent at least
Is simply back him like I have Hart and Hojberg.
I’ve called neither next level or world class etc etc

Just players that we need can do a job, like Doherty hopefully.

Thats the difference. Some of you find it bizarre to get behind a new signing. Always a clean slate for me.

Is simply back him like I have Hart and Hojberg.
I’ve called neither next level or world class etc etc

Just players that we need can do a job, like Doherty hopefully.

Thats the difference. Some of you find it bizarre to get behind a new signing. Always a clean slate for me.
Everyone is behind him - who said otherwise

Hahhaha - oh dear, mate

O'Keefe's usually pretty reliable for Spurs isn't he? Doherty seems to be close.

He also mentions that Mendes now represents Doherty, which can't have hurt Spurs' chances.

No and to underline what a bullshit merchant o’keefe is Doherty is represented by an agency callEd World in Motion.

Just weird that in an exchange where the number of his caps was brought into question, you responded with “he was probably shit that’s our level now”......if you’re behind him
The reference to caps was meant as a joke to your previous comments on the matter

Hakimi comes to mind.

what does that have to do with Aurier? If he’s one of the best in the EPL and clearly available why aren’t teams jumping for him? Especially when you can get him for 20 m.

Like you said Chilwell went for 50, one of the best FBs in the EPL should be easy to move for less than half that.
Clearly available? 🤷‍♂️

I would consider 7x European Champs, Milan a very big club, and a lateral move for any player.

There have only been 20 transfers so far this window (in the entire world) >£20 MIllion.

This move doesn't make sense for Wolves and it doesn't make sense for us.

Clearly available? 🤷‍♂️

I would consider 7x European Champs, Milan a very big club, and a lateral move for any player.

There have only been 20 transfers so far this window (in the entire world) >£20 MIllion.

This move doesn't make sense for Wolves and it doesn't make sense for us.

You don’t think Spurs are trying to move him?

And who cares how many transfers there are someone who is one of the best EPL FBs should be easy to move in any transfer window. That puts him at the elite level of his position.

Back
Top Bottom