Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every new arrival deserves patience; but he's been poor from the off..... Senseless relentlessly slagging him off on a daily basis though.
He’s been poor from the off so why on earth do you think the slagging off is senseless?!!!! It’s a private forum, hardly the same as sending his wife DM’s on Insta or tweeting rubbish for all to see - or booing him

fun dreamworks GIF

Genuienly the worst player I've seen us buy in my lifetime, he is the only premier league player I've ever watched where I act think most decent Sunday league players I play with could probably do a better job....not even an over reaction

He just doesn’t stand a chance on that side of the park

I actually watched him and he didn’t give the ball away or let us down in that respect…. He just couldn’t get wide and cross …, for obvious reasons

He’s not tricky enough to beat anyone and hasn’t got pace …. So keeping it tidy was absolute best he could do

He did his best its just it was a futile exercise him being there

I can see the point of inverted wingers when you have people like Bale and even Lamela who can check inside and curl a great goal-bound shot.

At a stretch I suppose I can see a case to be made for an occasionally inverted wing back who can surprise a defence and ghost in at the far post.

Doherty does neither of those two things.

To say he does nothing is actually an overstatement, he actively hinders forward play on the left as his only option is to turn back and pass back to Winks (last night) or who ever it is, killing all momentum stone dead. As Harrison says above, it must be the easiest thing in the world to defend against.

I can see the point of inverted wingers when you have people like Bale and even Lamela who can check inside and curl a great goal-bound shot.

At a stretch I suppose I can see a case to be made for an occasionally inverted wing back who can surprise a defence and ghost in at the far post.

Doherty does neither of those two things.

To say he does nothing is actually an overstatement, he actively hinders forward play on the left as his only option is to turn back and pass back to Winks (last night) or who ever it is, killing all momentum stone dead. As Harrison says above, it must be the easiest thing in the world to defend against.
He didn't make many mistakes last night because he didn't do anything with the ball. He was looking to get rid as soon as it came to him, playing backwards balls and 2-3 yard ones. Utter shit.

Back
Top Bottom