Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we expect the other team to dominate us, which Chelsea will (their midfield is 10 times better than ours), then Doherty is a no go. When we dont have the ball much, hes useless (which is why he failed miserably with mourinho, we were always defending and hes a shit defender).

Next time we dominate a team, he comes back on the pitch (if we dont have a better option)

I think he came on yesterday and was told to attack. Something Royal is nowhere near capable of doing.
Within seconds Doherty was getting into the Leicester box and causing problems.
Agree, that if we're being pushed back, I'd worry about his defending ability.

You can kinda sorta see what Conte is coming to appreciate about him, in that he knows his limitations and does exactly what he's told.

A useless player with the ball at his feet, but so long as he's not forced to defend like a normal right back against classy attackers, he does take up good positions and times his runs in ways that put defenses off.

He’s very good at getting into dangerous positions, he isn’t very good at anything else. I understand his inclusion over Emerson but this is a big priority position for us this window.

Absoulte crap as per usual. That second half he gave the ball away inexplicably 3 times in about as many minutes. Wish some would just stop making excuses for the guy. He is dreadful and needs moving on.

After showing some signs in the 2nd half last time he resorted back his to crap level. Not as bad as he has been because he wasn't asked to play RB so free from the defensive responsibilities he struggles with, but still did nothing positive and was so weak with the ball.

It is interesting because as JDM JDM says he gets into good positions at times but he does nothing once there.

Back
Top Bottom